Sr Red Team Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: July 21, 2021
What you'll do...
At H&R Block we are modernizing our software architecture which
is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges, and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation moving to
serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as
a continuous everything approach - improvement, development,
testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we are innovating
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and
exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to
you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are
looking for you.
The Senior Red Team Engineer will perform dedicated Red Team
activities simulating threat actors, to help HRB discover and
remediate real-world vulnerabilities and attack paths. The Senior
Red Team Engineer will also help build out the Red Team at HRB by
coordinating with senior leadership, planning and executing
assessments and assisting the other teams to help improve HRBs
- Continuously improve the security stance of HRB by acting from
the perspective of an adversary
- Perform penetration assessments of HRB assets to detect and
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations,
- Effectively communicate at all levels within HRB, including
technical and nontechnical teams
- Work with Security Solutions in developing and improving the
security stance of HRB
- Provide guidance using specialized knowledge and toolsets to
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
- Achieved Offensive Security Certified Professional
- Any other Offensive Security Certifications (OSWP, OSEP, OSWE,
OSED, OSEE, OSCE, etc.)
- Professional experience securing, managing or developing in
- Professional experience writing C#, Python, Go, Rust or other
- Experience developing, extending, reversing or modifying
malware, exploits, shellcode or tools
- Experience with modern technologies such as Containers, Docker,
- Professional working familiarity with Linux, ideally Kali and
- Experience with Security Assessment Toolsets (Metasploit, NMAP,
Cobalt, Nessus, Burp Suite)
- Professional working familiarity with Windows, including
Windows 10 and Windows Server
- Professional working familiarity with Azure
- Professional working familiarity with C#, Python, Go
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related
discipline, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience in security related
- 2+ yrs in Offensive Security role, such as Red Team or
- 3+ yrs in Information Technology role, such as Software
Development, SysAdmin, etc.
- Experience performing security work in heterogenous Windows AD
and Linux environments
- Experience securing, managing or developing in cloud
- Experience shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using
Python, C# or Go
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr Red Team Engineer, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!