Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: HCA Healthcare
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant? At
Research Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has
committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible
team members over the course of three years.BenefitsResearch
Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the
health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The
available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Certified Occupational Therapy
Assistant like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary The
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) performs individual
patient therapeutic modalities and techniques under the supervision
of an Occupational Therapist (OTR). Come join our team of dedicated
professionals that is committed to delivering the best patient
care.What you will do in this role:
- You will assist the OTR in the evaluation process as directed
or as needed
- You will conduct treatments as assigned by the OTR and outlined
in the treatment plan
- You will monitor the patient's response to treatment and make
modifications during sessions as indicated in collaboration with
- You will supervise Rehab Aides
- You will coordinate and communicate with the interdisciplinary
team involved in patient care
- You will participate in patient, family and staff education
- Minimum education required is an Associate's Degree
- State Occupational Therapy Assistant License
- New graduates from accredited school may apply
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a
medical or religious exemption is approved) is a 585+ bed hospital.
Our hospital offers an array of medical and health clinic services.
This includes women's services offering obstetrics and fertility,
an emergency room, and a trauma center. We offer a Stroke Center, a
walk-in clinic, and orthopedics across three Kansas City locations.
Our specialty care areas include a Chest Pain Center, Level I
Trauma Center, Breast Care Center, Cardiovascular Rehabilitation
Programs, and Primary Stroke Center. We are one of 10 HCA Midwest
Health hospitals in Kansas City and surrounding areas
is a 95+ bed facility. We offer acute inpatient, day treatment, and
community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. We treat
adolescents, adults, and senior adults for emotional disorders,
mental illness, and substance abuse. Our professional staff
includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and licensed
professional counselors. We are committed to delivering our
patients skilled compassionate care regardless of age or
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!We are an
equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Kansas City , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!