Sales Representative, Benefit Solutions
Company: National General Insurance
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Thinking about your next step in elevating your sales career? Do
you want to work in a fast-paced, dynamic sales environment with
real opportunity for career growth and advancement? Do you thrive
in a performance driven culture where your results are directly
rewarded? National General Insurance Company is recognized for our
experienced leaders, entrepreneurial culture, and world class sales
We are searching for enthusiastic, motivated, and hardworking Sales
Representative to join our growing team in Kansas City, MO office.
Depending on the market our first year sales reps earn an average
of $50,000 - $75,000 with a solid base salary, full benefits and
uncapped commissions. Top performers can exceed $100,000 per year.
Expect to exceed $100,000 in subsequent years with top performers
earning $200,000 or more.
We are a sales team that recruits, trains and works with
independent agents who are always looking for new and innovative
products and solutions to offer their small business customers.
PRIOR SALES EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS BUT NOT NECESSARY. Having the
motivation and passion for being a successful salesperson is a
must! We offer in-depth training and coaching that will provide you
with all the tools you need to be successful. Training covers the
overall Accident and Health insurance industry; National General
Products and Systems; and proven sales techniques to empower you
for success. Don't have your Accident and Health Insurance License?
Not a problem---part of your training includes getting you
What makes National General Insurance unique?
- Ability to sell a multitude of industry-leading products from
our partner carriers.
- Entrepreneurial, performance-based, results-focused
- Company paid training and A&H Insurance Licensing
- Above market compensation plan with unlimited earning
- Fast past sales environment where you are part of a team!
- Internal advancement opportunities - grow with us!
- Sales contests and National Top Performers Conference (Atlantis
Responsible for generating a predetermined sales volume through a
network of licensed agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not
mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to
- Accountable for making sales calls to targeted life and health
- Actively utilize the Orion sales tracking system to validate
and record sales calls, quotes, and recruited agents
- Prospect and generate Small Group new business proposals
- Evaluate agent performance and continually recruit agents as
replacements or additions to agent organization
- Identify potential agents from referrals, references or
- Provide guidance to agents in developing selling strategies to
obtain new and retain existing business
- Provide guidance to agents regarding perceived problems with
claims processing, underwriting, rate increases, and company
decisions impacting an agent's clients
- Provide timely communication to agents on product offerings,
network changes, rate changes and plan designs
- Work with District Manager to resolve unusually difficult
issues such as specific rate increases which require research of
competitive rates or clarification of client requirements to
identify optimal recommendations
- Incumbent will be required to obtain a Life/A&H license in
state of residence and any other state that the incumbent conducts
business, which should be completed within 60 days of receiving
approval from the resident state; however, we recognize that in
some states the licensing process may take longer
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education,
training and work-related experience
- 2+ years of sales related experience
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- Effective organization and time management skills with the
ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish
working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the
- Strong time management skills
- Must be able and willing to travel
- Ability to keep confidential information secured
- Health insurance industry business experience.
- Variety of computer software knowledge related to job
#LI-CH1 Job posting ID: 2019-2891
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City.
National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength
rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and
commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle,
motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance
products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding
company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of
insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile,
homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health,
lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial
organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call
the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered,
and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional
experience for our customers! We are passionate about our
organization and the value that we add every day. A successful
candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is
poised to outperform the competition. We are National General
Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance,
Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen
Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General
Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley
Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange,
VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions
Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General
Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
--- Paid Training
--- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
--- Wellness Programs
--- Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
--- 401k w/ Company Match
--- Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
--- Employee Discount Program
--- Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
--- On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland
--- On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
--- Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO)
employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must
possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not
our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing
your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone
at (336) 435-2000.
Keywords: National General Insurance, Kansas City , Sales Representative, Benefit Solutions, Sales , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!