Sr District Sales Manager
Company: Molson Coors
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Please take note: this is a job posting for a position at The
Yuengling Company LLC, the joint venture between Molson Coors and
Yuengling. Molson Coors and The Yuengling Company LLC are
independent companies. The successful candidate for this position
will be an employee of The Yuengling Company LLC in a role that
will solely support the business activities of The Yuengling
Company LLC. Summary: Join our family and share the story of D.G.
Yuengling & Son, Inc. (DGY) and what makes us unique as America's
Oldest Brewery. We are family owned and operated since 1829 and
have a strong culture and history of perseverance and grit. We are
seeking a strong champion of our company and our brands. We are
looking for a Sr. District Sales Manager - Kansas City who will
serve as a main point of contact at the local level for our
Distributors and Key Retailers. The District Manager positionhelps
develop annual plans under the direction of the Zone Manager, aimed
at driving attainment of D.G. Yuengling's annual and zone business
objectives.They are accountable for theimplementation of approved
business plans and tactics in specified assigned territory. They
are responsible for the communication, implementation and execution
at wholesale and retail levels for agreed upon programs to achieve
sales, distribution, promotional and merchandising objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Wholesaler Management &
- Maintain regular call frequency with wholesalers as assigned by
- Develop local market plans to meet sales objectives driven by
- Drive support of Yuengling objectives with distributor
management and sales team for stated Yuengling sales
- Provide direction and support to assigned distributors,
managing retail execution plans, and activities for assigned
- Ensure wholesalers maintain adequate product inventory levels
and demonstrate proper inventory rotation within Yuengling
- Conduct trimester reviews against the Annual Business Plan. May
include: distribution progress, YTD sales volume, pricing
benchmarks and price surveys, execution opportunities, competitive
activity, top retailer and chain volume trends and co-op budget
spending. Corrective action plans formulated if necessary.
- Ensure alignment with Company direction on co-op budget
allocations as driven down by Director of Sales Strategy and
Development, Region Directors, National Account Director and Zone
- Maintain regular call frequency with assigned retail at on and
off call points and retail field sales managers as assigned by Zone
- 3-4 days per week targeted at retail monitoring and driving
improved execution against key objectives for Yuengling portfolio
- Focus against modeling and improving execution of DGY brands in
top volume independent and chain retail accounts.
- Identify and develop programs for underperforming
- Help develop annual distribution targets by brand and by
package for all wholesalers to be submitted to Zone Manager.
- Create account target list by wholesaler for key packages in
order to improve distribution and generate new business for the
- Submit distribution progress reports as assigned by Zone
- Reinforce DGY Company distribution, shelf set, and
merchandising standards as driven down from Region Directors and
- Manage and direct the local sampling plan of DGY portfolio of
brands through interaction with consumers and retailers at local
retail samplings, retail work- withs, special events, trade shows,
- Establish an annual point-of-sale budget with each wholesaler
to be approved by Zone Manager.
- Monitor trimester wholesaler point-of-sale spend versus
- Manage and supervise the allocation of all point-of-sale
materials with assigned Distributors.
- Identify and ensure Distributor support material is adequately
maintained on a monthly basis.
- Engage point-of-sale commitments and encourage merchandising
efforts while in retail trade.
- Regularly assemble and position point-of-sale in key zones when
at retail. Communication
- Conduct sales meeting presentations with regular frequency to
assigned Distributor sales team as outlined in direction and in
accordance with specifics driven down by Zone Manager and Region
- Conduct regular planning meetings with assigned Distributor
sales management team in accordance with direction and specifics of
Company sales objectives driven down by Zone Manager and Region
- Communicate clearly internally, both in written and verbal
formats, to all key cross functional teams starting with the
National and Regional Chain Account Managers and also including
Marketing, and Brewery Operations teams.
- Disciplined focus on providing written recaps of all meetings,
retail days, progress against objectives, co-op budget balances,
and any other business or execution opportunities in the market .
Other Responsibilities: Budget Responsibilities
- Responsibly manage annual co-op budgets with Distributors in
compliance with all Yuengling policies and procedures.
- Responsibly manage annual travel and expense budget in
compliance with D.G. Yuengling Travel and Expense Policy
- Treat all DGY Company resources in a very responsible manner
that would be representative of how you would treat your own.
- Maintain accurate records of current market pricing for DGY
products and competition. Must maintain and update along with an
updated wholesaler file of current Yuengling price to retailer by
- Communicate current pricing information to DGY management & DGY
Pricing and Revenue Optimization Manager.
- Conduct price surveys with each Distributor or specified chain
and channel of trade. Compare Yuengling package pricing versus
defined competitive set. Provide survey if requested by D.G.
Yuengling Pricing and Revenue Optimization Manager and timelines
specified by Zone Manager or Region Director.
- Work with management & DGY Pricing and Revenue Optimization
Manager to initiate corrective action to improve Yuengling pricing
in all on and off premise accounts. Skills and Qualifications:
- Initiate interaction with consumers and retailers that may have
a quality control issue.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and corrective actions on draft
- Manage distributor bill back process to ensure alignment with
Company policies and that invoices are being processed on a monthly
basis for distributor partners.
- Desire to build knowledge and skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be able to
speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
good listening skills; and strong group presentation skills.
- Understanding of, and ability to perform, basic trade math as a
part of doing business in a "fact-based" selling culture.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; attention to
details; effective time management; set goals and objectives.
- Follow instructions; respond appropriately to management
- Take independent actions and calculated risks.
- Display creativity and original thinking.
- Team player that is passionate about BEER.
- Valid driver's license required with excellent driving
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work both traditional
business hours as well as non-traditional business hours including,
at times, nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be available for overnight travel for crew drives,
meetings, training and occasional weekend events or Distributor and
- Must have solid computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft
Word, Excel, Power Point, as well as specific applications such as
VIP, Armadillo, and Apple apps designed for DGY business
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 35
- May be asked to perform additional duties and responsibilities
as requested, directed, or assigned by Zone Manager or Region
Director. Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and/or minimum of
5 years equivalent job experience are necessary. The Yuengling
Company is inspired by past generations of 3 legacy brewing
families to expand the reach of America's Oldest Brewery's iconic
Brands. We take pride in celebrating not only our heritage but our
pride in our 'People First' Values. We are an equal opportunity
employer and invite applications from candidates from all
backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status
or any other characteristic. #LI-DNI
Keywords: Molson Coors, Kansas City , Sr District Sales Manager, Sales , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!