Account Specialist - Sales
Company: KeHE Distributors, LLC
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Good people, working with good people, for our common
good.Sound good?KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food
distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never
been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic
about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:The Account
Specialist position is responsible for all aspects of executing the
day-to-day relationship with the stores in his/her territory/route.
The success and compensation for the position will be based upon
his/her ability to grow sales in each store, increase the number of
demos in each store, increase the number of displays in each store,
and maintain excellent relationships with all store management and
- Present, sell and execute all promotional activity at a store
level or Regional level (if applicable).
- Develop new product presentations and execute item development
plan for these new items.
- Develop plans for item placement and off-shelf merchandising
for all items on promotion.
- Develop strategy for sell through on any residual product
following promotional time periods.
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and accountability for all
business in assigned territory.
- Assist in planning and executing all Demonstration
- Work with store level personnel on details of all events
including the products to be demonstrated, quantities needed,
locations, product education and ensure execution of each
- Assist in planning and executing all display programs as
designated and developed by the customer both at store level and
corporate headquarter level.
- Assemble end-caps, side-caps, kick-out displays, etc. as
determined by the Planned Display Program. Determine sufficient
inventory levels for displays and to achieve minimal residual
- Monitor all "Shelf Edge Management and Store Replenishment
Systems" activity so that all specific merchandising activities are
completed within designated timelines.
- Ensure merchandising execution and plan-o-gram and order
integrity so that 100% distribution is achieved with minimal out of
- Monitor activities with new store sets and Wall-to-Wall
Resets/Remodels including reviewing item file and communicating
- Coordinate actual reset activity at store level with assigned
- Monitor all set work for accuracy and on time completion.
- Execute shelf tag integrity so that all items are properly
tagged and priced.
- Present and complete all store level surveys as needed by the
customer, manufacturer, Divisional & Corporate Offices, etc.
- Provide ongoing product education and expertise to the both the
consumer and store level personnel regarding specialty foods
items/brands we represent. Coordinate and present educational
seminars to the store level personnel following as approved by the
Account Manager to support new item introductions, trends, holiday
events, ethnic cuisine, etc.
- Seek continued product knowledge to become a specialty product
"expert'. Must be motivated to achieve personal development.
- Identify and communicate new customer opportunities including
Kehe Direct within the sales territory that are not current
customers, research needs, develop a strategy, design and present a
proposal to store management and follow up as needed
- Monitor and communicate competitive activities and
opportunities within assigned sales territory.Minimum Requirements,
Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude:
- High School diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 5 + years of strong sales performance in the grocery
- 2+ years' experience with specialty foodQualifications /
Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Demonstrated ability and passion to sell in an incentive based
- A true love for sales and a professional mind-set related to
new business development.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including some
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people at
all organizational levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Products (Excel, Word,
- Ability to respond to and effectively handle customer
complaints in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to think through and solve issues
- Possess a sense of urgency and attention to accuracy and
- Talent communicating effectively both orally and in writing
with people at all organizational levels.
- Ability to effectively manage a wide variety of tasks
simultaneously and often with time conflicting pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and pursue business
opportunities without being directed to, acting quickly and
decisively when appropriate.
- Ability to approach the business with an entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated willingness to take responsibility for personal
actions, decisions and results.Requisition ID: 2022-17786 Equal
Employer Opportunity Statement: KeHE Distributors provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment
on the basis of race, color, religion or faith, sex, gender, age,
ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical
condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or
any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
training as well as the administration of all Human Resources and
Talent Acquisition processes.
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, LLC, Kansas City , Account Specialist - Sales, Sales , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!