Regional Sales Manager - Central Region
Company: American Foods Group
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position:--Central Retail Sales ManagerWorking Location:
FlexibleSales Territory:--Central/Southern Region, United
States--Working at American Foods Group, LLC (AFG) gives you the
unique opportunity to become part of a large, growing company that
maintains a down-to-earth atmosphere where the CEO knows you by
name. AFG remains a family business, with a long tradition of
providing quality meat and agricultural products to our customers.
Over the years, we have used our ability to quickly adapt to market
conditions to turn challenges into successes. Today, we have over
4,500 employees and operate the fifth largest group of
beef-processing companies in the United States.--AFG--is a place
where you can develop your career to the fullest, while working in
a friendly environment.--The--Central Retail Sales Manager--will be
responsible for effectively managing the field Sales Brokers to
ensure growth of business and makes certain that customers are
satisfied.--Business Development and Sales Activities:
- Achieve revenue growth and profitability goals for the assigned
customers and geography.
- Manage the sales, customer support and service issues for
assigned customers; serve as the primary contact for all business
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships by
identifying and implementing initiatives to add value for the
- Ability to communicate to sales brokers the business plan,
motivate them, and hold them accountable for targeted
- Exercise a strong Broker Management style; interviewing,
training, field sales support, market reviews and overall
responsiveness must be hands-on.
- Prepare and implement annual business plans for each key
existing and targeted customer.
- Champion and execute AFG's market segment strategies.
- Develop written proposals to drive customer specific product
initiatives and promotional activity.
- Implement price increases and profitability improvement as
- Develop new business via identifying and developing new
customers in the geography.
- Provide accurate forecasts for volumes and revenue.
- Maintain and update appropriate databases and sales support
systems (Information Technology) relative to account activity,
pricing, new product development, etc.
- Provide written and verbal updates on sales activity and
competitive activity within their region.
- Practice good expense management and use of company funds.
Please Note: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization; these duties are considered
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related
- Deep understanding of the food industry.
- Ability to travel 50-60%.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and be a proponent of change
whilst meeting customers' needs and those necessitated by the
- Successful track record in pioneering new business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven
ability to navigate through complex and difficult selling
- Persuasive style with demonstrated strong "closing" skills with
the added ability to build long term customer relationships.
- Proactive work style with the energy and passion for results
and the desire to make a difference.
- Highly motivated; self-starter.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong project management and project coordination skills.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
Keywords: American Foods Group, Kansas City , Regional Sales Manager - Central Region, Sales , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!