Sr Client Service Representative
Company: CIOX Health
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 17, 2020
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
This is a senior position responsible for, at sites with 5+
associates, training Client Service Representatives, providing
backup at member sites as needed, processing all release of medical
records information requests in a timely and efficient manner
ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality
product and customer service. In addition, this position must be
able to proficiently perform all release of information duties and
responsibilities and may be required to work with multiple member
facilities. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the
patient s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized
individuals have access to the patient s medical information and
that all releases of information are in compliance with the
request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
* Exercises sound judgment and critical thinking skills in the
execution of job duties and knows when to ask for guidance and/or
share information with supervisor and/or manager for uncommon ROI
* Works with Supervisor to develop guidelines and best practices
that increase efficiency and productivity.
* Assists with the training of Client Service Representatives
throughout the region and provides coverage in the event of
backlogs, illness, vacation, or leave of absence.
* Serves as knowledge resource for Client Service
* Completes release of information requests including retrieving
patient s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning
medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests,
established procedures, and established standards of quality and
productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to
* Reviews the accuracy of scanned documents and ensures documents
reflect the details specified by the requestor.
* Assists with QIs, and QAs as directed by Supervisor and/or
* Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the
release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
* Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical
information according to established procedures and HIPAA
* Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and
out) and troubleshoot equipment issues with assistance from the
Help Desk department.
* Remains abreast of processes and procedures for installing
applicable Company operational software.
* Demonstrates proficient knowledge of esmartlog, smartlink, rep on
line and other work tools and software.
* Generates reports from e-smartlog, rep on line and other tools
and software as directed by Supervisor and/or Manager.
* Submits weekly reports as directed by Manager.
* Maintains working knowledge of the current state laws regarding
fee structure, and HIPAA regulations as well as facility policies
and procedures in regards to release of information.
* Ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality as
scheduled. Notifies Supervisor and/or Manager if unable to adhere
to daily schedule.
* Demonstrates helpful and effective telephone etiquette and
customer service skills by providing appropriate information to
* Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and
respectful; insures understanding of customer request and
follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying
member concerns, or problems.
* Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and
observes the dress code established.
* Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and
files are properly stored before leaving area, insures adequate
supplies to meet customer requests.
* Adheres to all Company time and attendance policies or applicable
law covering meal breaks and rest periods. Records all accurate
work hours in The Company s designated time keeping system daily
and adheres to The Company s overtime policy and procedures for
requesting time off or change in schedule.
* Performs responsibilities in accordance with The Company and
member facilities policies and procedures and state and federal
labor regulations and works to minimize confidentiality
* Complete and send in SS weekly activity reports at the end of
each payroll cutoff.
* Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts
assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or
assist during backlogs.
* Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with
all Company and medical records information including during
transport, storage and disposal. Will not remove medical records
information from member site unless written authorization is
provided by the facility s HIM Director, Company Supervisor or
Manager or Vice President of Operations.
* Attends and participates in required educational training
sessions and staff meetings as scheduled and assigned.
* Ability to adapt to change and respond to difficult and
challenging situations in a professional manner.
* Accepts new assignments willingly to meet business needs.
* Communicates with Manager on an on-going basis, providing
information and data as requested including member s changing needs
* Promptly reports to Manager any customer service concerns and/or
any potential HIPAA violations whether actual or perceived.
* Informs Manager of site or work difficulties, special project
requests from facility, and fluctuating volume in daily
* Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and
prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
* Ability to recognize emergency situations within context of job
duties and communicate potential issues to Supervisor and/or
* Maintains knowledge of safety procedures to ensuring a safe work
environment and reports safety concerns to Supervisor or
* Maintains a current and valid driver s license and insures
personal automobile insurance is in force and will be maintained,
in at least the amounts required by state law, on any automobile or
transportation that is used in connection with Company duties.
* Checks Company and other assigned email and communication systems
such as REP Online and member assigned email on a daily basis.
Utilizes assigned tools within established guidelines. Performs
other tasks as assigned including but not limited to the
requirement to work at facilities as directed by Manager when
business needs dictate.
* May be required to oversee site operations in the absence of the
* Adheres to The Company s Code of Conduct and business
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older
* High School Diploma (GED) required
* Associates Degree in healthcare related discipline desired and
may substitute for the experience requirement.
* Knowledge, experience and/or training in accurate data entry,
office equipment and procedures required.
* Must have at least 2 years of experience preferably with release
of information, medical records, or other related experience in a
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and
applicants for employment without regard to as race, color,
national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability,
citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any
other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal
employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits,
leaves of absence, and training.
Keywords: CIOX Health, Kansas City , Sr Client Service Representative, Sales , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!