Director of Engineering
Company: Hilton Kansas City Airport
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment
preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and
utilities and administer the department in compliance with all
corporate/franchise standards and local, state and national codes
and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates.
Effectively manage engineering related capital projects.
Responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the
hotel's mechanical/electrical systems and equipment, and for the
general maintenance and upkeep of the physical plant, FFandE,
grounds, swimming pool, etc. as defined by HEI Hotels and Resorts
and brand standards.
* A complete understanding of all building related systems --
Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, etc.
* A complete understanding of all building related equipment --
HVACandR, Kitchen, Laundry, Pool, etc.
* Follows company preventative maintenance procedures and
guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds,
landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
* Maintains engineering related check book accounting procedures to
ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while
maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
* Effectively interview, supervise, train, manage performance,
assign tasks and follows-up with engineering staff to ensure
* Maintains accurate records and filing system to support RandM
Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety
Systems and Inspections, etc.
* Maintains all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean, organized,
energy efficient manner.
* Tours hotel complex daily identifying items requiring
engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
* Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related items,
trains all managers in these areas.
* Has a firm understanding of all Brands related issues and
* Has a firm understanding of all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS
problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
* Has a basic understanding of elementary accounting
* Has a basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge
of Micro Soft Office Software programs and internet use.
* Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a strong
leader through-out hotel.
* Remains current on related technology advances that would enhance
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job duties as assigned.
* College degree or courses will be considered helpful, engineering
* Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or
experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the
following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
* 3+ years of hands-on experience at a comparable location. All HEI
Chief Engineers are working Chief's.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
* Skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical, carpentry, dry
walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and landscaping.
* ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking, climbing,
bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling, writing, at
times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to extreme hot
and cold temperatures with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize,
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Hilton Kansas City Airport, Kansas City , Director of Engineering, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!