Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 23, 2019
Pentair currently has an opening for a Production Planner to join
our team at our Kansas City, KS location. In this role, the
Production Planner will be responsible for production planning and
coordinating production workflow for multiple products while
prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum
delay. The Production Planner will take a lead role in continuous
improvement, product flow and capacity improvement to improve the
overall efficiency of manufacturing.
* Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various
areas of the organization
* Pay competitively
* Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair s proven
* Offer health benefits & coaching
* Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive
401K matching and stock purchase plan
* Offer employee discounts
* Protect you with life insurance and other options
* Tell you more about all the great benefits just ask!
* Plan and prepare production schedules for manufacture of
industrial or commercial products.
* Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of
each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts
or customer orders.
* Plan and direct Production and Inventory Control for Operations
to insure customer commits and Inventor objectives are met.
* Coordinate Operations planning process to ensure that there is
material and capacity available to support both Customer commits
* Coordinate production team to insure schedule and customer
deliveries are met.
* Work directly with Purchasing to insure purchased material is
available to meet the scheduled requirements.
* Stay current with software development, provide on-site technical
expertise for the SAP system and write ad-hoc reports as
* Identify software procedural improvements to the Operations
process to eliminate waste.
* Relay relevant information to management regarding material
shortages, potential schedule interruptions, and possible equipment
maintenance that would affect a smooth and timely production
* Analyze customer demand information, forecast, orders, labor, and
material availability and develop a flexible yet efficient master
* Review part availability including quality approval prior to
* Plan sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other
manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
* Have earned at least a Bachelor's Degree (B.A., B.S.) or
equivalent. Bachelor s Degree in Business Management or the
equivalent of 5 years in manufacturing operations, including
manufacturing systems, product costing and planning
* Have 3-5 years of planning experience in a manufacturing
* Have experience with and a demonstrable knowledge in SAP.
WE LIKE, BUT DON T REQUIRE:
* APICS certification
* Lean experience
* Master s degree in Business Administration
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Walking, bending, sitting, standing in an office and manufacturing
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and
competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a
diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative
ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race,
gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual
orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many
more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce
* Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
* Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
* Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
* Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With our expanding global
presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for
our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce
contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable
us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity,
country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation,
physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors
contribute to this diversity.
Keywords: PENTAIR, Kansas City , Production Planner, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!