Greenhouse Construction Project Manager
Company: Stuppy, Inc.
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We are a greenhouse manufacturing and construction company looking for an experienced project manager to join our team. We build greenhouses for commercial growers, schools, and garden centers all over the USA and are looking for someone that can manage multiple projects from our home office in Kansas City. Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of construction projects from proposal to implementation
- Assist with pre-bid budgeting and planning
- Manage subcontractors and field personnel, delegating detail, with close follow-up
- Coordinate material needs, bills of materials, and deliveries
- Prepare progress billings and maintain schedule of values
- Encouragingly interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Manage project budgets, keeping accurate cost information and accurate variances
- Review and negotiate contracts with owners, general contractors, and sub-contractors
- Proactively submit requests for, and accurately maintain, insurance certificates and surety bonds
- Maintain construction safety program
- Coordinate close out documents and procedures Expectations:
- Manage 20-30 construction projects annually with multiple projects occurring simultaneously
- Create and implement disciplined procedures to ensure projects are delivered on time and in budget.
- Work with several customer types including commercial greenhouse growers, schools, research facilities, architects, and general contractors Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a construction project manager or superintendent
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with construction management concepts and practices
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Proven track record of quality construction work
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Office suite About Stuppy, Inc.: Stuppy designs, manufactures and constructs greenhouses throughout the United States. While our company has a rich 145 year history, we expect to be a leader of new ideas and technologies in the horticulture industry. Our commercial clients are exceptional vegetable, flower, and nursery producers. Our educational clients include innovative high schools, colleges, and universities using greenhouses for teaching and research. We are expanding our business through construction services and new products for growing vegetables.
Keywords: Stuppy, Inc., Kansas City , Greenhouse Construction Project Manager, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!