Biomedical Equipment Technician
Company: Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: October 12, 2018
About Shawnee Mission Health, A Member of Adventist Health System
SMH has provided faith-based, whole person care to the Kansas City community since 1962. SMH is more than just a hospital campus. Were a network of health care facilities working to exceed expectations by delivering quality care with compassion and supporting an exceptional staff of more than 700 physicians representing 50 medical specialties.
Our mission of Improving Health Through Christian Service is achieved each and every day through the dedication and commitment of our associates, physicians and volunteers. We strive to be a regional beacon of wellness, hope and healing attracting customers seeking unsurpassed clinical quality and compassionate care for the whole person, following the example of Christ's healing ministry.
The largest health care provider in Johnson County, Kansas, the SMH network includes SMMC and SMH - Prairie Star and will soon include SMH - Blue Valley, a third major health care facility. Our 54-acre campus at SMMC is comprised of the main hospital, a community health education building, six physician office buildings and an associate child care center. The Emergency Department at SMMC is the busiest in Johnson County. We deliver more babies each year at the Shawnee Mission Birth Center than any other hospital in the metropolitan area and our Center for Womens Health is nationally recognized. We have seven Shawnee Mission Primary Care locations with more than 30 Board-certified doctors who specialize in family medicine, internal medicine and pediatrics as well as Centra Care Shawnee Mission Urgent Care locations.
Why Shawnee Mission Health?
- On-site day care facility
- Earned The Joint Commissions Gold Seal of Approval
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for over six consecutive years
- Five-Star Quality Rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Job Description: Biomed Tech
- Repair, install, maintain, calibrate, and inspect medical equipment and instrumentation, including life-support equipment.
- Document repair tickets from third party vendors.
- Assist with and evaluate third-party repairs.
- Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel regarding equipment operation and maintenance.
- Review outcome of preventive maintenance actions and make recommendations to department staff.
- Communicate with department managers and team members on equipment repairs and status.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of Joint Commission and other applicable standards and regulations.
- Run diagnostic programs.
- Interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration, and tests.
- Uses basic anatomy and physiology knowledge as it applies to use of biomedical equipment.
- Uses color code conventions in component and wiring marking.
- Uses application and repair of computers/servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Supervise, direct, evaluate, and delegate work and responsibilities to biomedical personnel.
- Plan, organize, and implement policies and procedures
- Full management responsibilities for cost center
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related
- Valid Drivers License
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) Preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Shawnee Mission Medical Center, Kansas City , Biomedical Equipment Technician, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!