Service Building Trades Journeyman Pipefitter
Company: U.S. Engineering
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 28, 2023
U.S. Engineering has been an industry leader since 1893. How?
Constant innovation and a willingness to evolve. The construction
industry changes rapidly, and we cultivate a dynamic workplace
where even our newest team members can influence change and make an
impact. We know that our most valuable asset is our people. Join
us!Service Building Trades Journeyman PipefitterAs a Pipefitter,
you will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance of
piping systems for large commercial facilities.Principal Duties and
- Maintains piping and plumbing systems which may include pipes,
pressure and vacuum gauges, pipeline filters, steam traps, and
- Consults blueprints, work orders, schematics, or instructions;
creates working procedure based on specifications.
- Performs Daily assigned and/or open WO order tasks with a sense
- Provides additional assistance to Team member running critical
alarms as needed.
- Provide assistance to PM (Preventative Maintenance) crew.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots issues found at the time of the PM
- Make repairs noted during a PM while the equipment is still
down for the PM.
- Follow up on parts order and verify they appear correct once
- Work with Deputy Chief Engineer to schedule the repairs.
- May be required to work outside of normal schedule on a
rotating on-call schedule to assist with large PM shutdowns and
repairs associated with a PM shutdown.
- Identify issues and generate WOs (Work Orders) as needed to
- Obtain parts/material quotes and send purchase request to
- Follow up on purchase request and status of parts
- Emergency repairs outside of the PM Shutdown may require a NOW
(Notification of Work). Consult with the Deputy Chief Engineer
- Is responsible for adhering to all safety policies and
- May be responsible for other tasks and duties as they
- Interest and ability to join local union.Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.Experience:
- Ability to understand HVAC systems and HVAC control
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel,
Word and Visio.
- Must be a United States Citizen and capable to pass Q-level
clearance to work in a secure government facility including credit,
drug, and legal background checks required.
- Building Trades Journeyman Service Pipefitter with minimum of
3-years mechanical maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- Familiar with Windows, Word, Excel, Bluebeam and can learn new
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of mechanical systems and can
learn additional building systems as required.
- Must understand and comply with all safety and OSHA
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical strength and agility
- Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of
assigned tasks without posing a direct threat to the health or
safety of yourself or others.Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively in fast paced,
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal
- Ability to enter data with accuracy and speed and has keen
attention to detail.
- Strong customer service and professional communication skills,
both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of computer operations and experience with
accounting systems preferred.
- Intermediate skill in MS Office suite of products - Word,
Excel, etc. - -
- Basic level skill in Access preferred.Physical and/or travel
- Must have the necessary physical stamina; to include, but not
limited to, long-term overhead HVAC work.
- Must be able to work for extended hours or workdays.
- Must be careful during work to avoid injury (get help lifting,
steps and ladder safety, etc.).
- Must be able to work with powered construction tools
- Must be able to pass pre-employment physical and drug
- Must be able to pass drug screen at any given time during
employment.Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
United States on a full-time basis without requiring future
sponsorship for employment visa status.U.S. Engineering is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer and shall provide equal employment
opportunities to all people in all aspects of employer-employee
relations, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin,
religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status. -U.S. -Engineering is compliant with
the Drug Free Workplace Act, and all offers of employment are
contingent upon the completion of a pre-employment drug screen.
-Disclaimer: -The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned
to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and job specifications
required of employees so classified. U.S. Engineering reserves the
right to revise as needed. The job description does not constitute
a written or implied contract of employment. -#INDPowered by
Keywords: U.S. Engineering, Kansas City , Service Building Trades Journeyman Pipefitter, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...