Technical Support Technician
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Ecovyst is seeking an independent, productive candidate for a
Technical Support Technician role based out of our Kansas City, KS
plant. The prospective candidate should have three years of
experience in a help desk and/or on-site support technician role
issues through a combination of remote access, hands-on and talking
through simple tasks.
- To be successful in this role our candidates must have the
troubleshoot to resolve or narrow down issues, a customer centric
attitude and experience supporting Windows and Office 365
- The candidate must have proficient customer service skills, the
to prioritize tasks, be detail oriented and to work
- Competitive Salary based on locality, experience and offers
- There is the ability to travel
domestically periodically (four times a year, average of three days
to our other offices. In addition, this position will rotate an
schedule with other peers in the department.Day In the Life of the
- Maintaining an active presence on our 8x8 call queue to answer
inbound calls for support and responding to tickets generated by
email within our ITSM ticket system within an hour, maximum 2
- There will be occasional walk-ups and priority adjustments as
dictated by management.
- Accurately documenting issues, resolutions and steps taken in
our ITSM ticket systemWide range of issues and troubleshooting to
perform on Windows 10, Office 365, network and file access, VPN
connectivity, Microsoft Teams meetings and channels, OneDrive or
software phone systems.
- Password resets, account creations, auditing expiring accounts,
installing software and facilitating peer to peer escalations such
as requests for new mobile phones, issues with networks or mailbox
- Updating inventory records as assets change or are
- Updating drivers for printers on remote file servers across all
- Attend ad hoc and pre-scheduled team, site and company
- System reimaging using a combination of either PXE or
- Special Projects - each
technician is assigned projects throughout the year which can range
from End-of-life replacements; disposals or migrations; review of
non-Employee accounts in Active Directory
- Travel to domestic offices to do welfare checks on IT systems,
servers and networks with guidance from other System
- Professional Qualities Desired:
- Critical thinking and problem solving / troubleshooting
- Detail oriented
- Proficient oral and written communication skills with an
emphasis on clear, concise information free of grammatical
- Service Desk manager is remote, so you must be team oriented
but can work independently and remain productive and engaged in
meeting professional goals.
- Minimum 2-3 years problem solving in an IT environment.
- Ability to lift 25-40 lbs.
- Demonstrate troubleshooting skills to support hardware and
software both in person and remotely.
- Create ad-hoc training documentation for clients and provide in
- Must be able to prioritize responsibilities and
- Basic knowledge of networks and communications protocols;
should be able to determine a point of failure for network issues
and VPN connectivity
- Demonstrates knowledge on resolving error messages, determining
cause and Demonstrates Level 1 or higher support experience in the
technologies in use at Ecovyst
- Hardware includes Dell laptops and desktops, cisco network
equipment, Ricoh and HP printers or multi-function devices
- Software and infrastructure include Windows 10, Windows Server,
Software Center, 8x8 Work/Voice, Active Directory, Azure, Microsoft
Intune, Microsoft Autopilot, standard COTS applications such as
Office 2016, 2019, AutoCAD, VPN
- Wireless device support with Apple iPhone/iPad
Keywords: Ecovyst, Kansas City , Technical Support Technician, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...