Quality Control Field Technician - Property Management
Company: Second Avenue
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Second Avenue is recruiting a Quality Control Field Technician
for its Property Management division in Kansas City Metropolitan
Area We are looking for an experienced property management
professional with single family management or housing inspection
experience and a proven track record regarding essential duties
with respect to optimizing performance of the assigned rental
portfolio and new acquisitions, renovations, leasing, collections,
resident service, expense control, maximizing revenue, information
reporting and compliance with applicable statutes and company
policies.Single Family Property Management Preferred - Experience
with R&M, Turns and Rehabs a MUST.Second Avenue is the premier
platform for enabling institutions to deploy meaningful capital
into single-deeded residential assets (SFR) while retaining control
and valuable lines of sight into their investments over time.
Second Avenue's proprietary technology and exclusive relationships
have allowed it to bring scale to scattered single family
investment homes, a strategy that was previously untenable as an
institutional asset class. The Company provides all aspects of
sourcing, acquisition and property management services for its
clients. We offer a positive culture and professional work
environment. Please see our website for additional background on
our business platform - www.secondavenue.com.Job SummaryThe Quality
Control Field Technician is a position that spends the bulk of
their time visiting various properties within a market portfolio.
Technicians are key resources in the field and handle a variety of
responsibilities including quality control of properties after
renovations, conducting move-in and move-out inspections and
installing electronic smart home equipment. Technicians must be
professional and have a solid comprehension of
construction/maintenance processes and techniques. Technicians must
be willing to travel extensively within a portfolio daily and
should be flexible in being available to work on the occasional
weekend as needed.Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a quality review for new inventory coming out of
renovations and turn and completing inspection reports in our
- Coordinate and meet onsite vendors as required at different
properties within the market as needed.
- Assist Second Avenue in making certain a scope of work is
completed completely and that the quality of the work is
- Coordinate and manage resident move-ins and resident move-outs
by completing a thorough property condition/status inspection at
move-in and when the residents move-out, including solid
documentation within the report to include both written and
- Conduct rent ready vacant unit inspections that have been on
the market for longer periods of time to make certain they remain
- Assess condition of properties for R&M/Capex needs.
- Perform rental property inspections, ensure positive visual
appeal of property conditions.
- Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness
- correct or report deficiencies.
- Provide customer excellent service support/resident
- Comply with all company standards, applicable health and safety
rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state and
- Assist in oversight of maintenance/turnkey operations.
- Assist in coordinating acquisition and renovation activities in
collaboration and support of SA rehab team.Skills/Specialized
- Attention to detail and ability to make effective schedule in
accordance with priorities for that day, week, month.
- Ability to work with various technology platforms.
- Knowledge of Repairs & Maintenance, Renovations, and Turnkey
- Ability to use a computer proficiently, including Microsoft
Outlook, Word, Excel and property operating software.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions. Ability to
identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing business
needs and processes.
- Ability to set, manage and meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain
- Ability to commute daily to properties throughout the assigned
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate findings clearly
in both writing and photographically.Required Licenses or
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance. Other
- Ability to be reachable via phone and/or email at all times,
except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.Ideal Candidate
Characteristics and Background
- Minimum high school graduate required. Associates Degree or
higher degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in residential property management.
- Strong work ethic, value system, high level of adaptability and
team orientation.Position Type Full-time, Salaried Non-Exempt
BenefitsPaid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Medical, Vision and Dental
Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401KNOTE: This job description is
not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other
duties may be assigned.PI200358892
Keywords: Second Avenue, Kansas City , Quality Control Field Technician - Property Management, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!