Company: ESPO Corporation
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Electrical Designer - Distribution
Location: Kansas City, MO
Job type and Duration: -Contract to Hire
Job #: 1044488
Our client, a global architecture and engineering company, is
currently seeking an Electrical Designer to join their Transmission
& Distribution team at the Global Headquarters
The Electrical Designer will work within the Transmission and
Distribution group to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the design of low to medium voltage (2.4-120kV)
distribution and sub-transmission lines using CADD.
- Prepare construction documents including plan and profile
drawings for overhead and underground electric distribution, fiber
optic, and telecommunications facilities.
- Provide field support during construction.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates work requiring
judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation, and
modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and
- Performs work that involves conventional engineering practices
but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and
familiarity with basic principles and practices in related
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and
report preparation assignments.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual
capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require
adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and
eight years related experience or an Associate's degree and ten
years related experience or eleven years progressive detailing and
- Field experience is desirable.
- Expert understanding of design software such as AutoCAD, Civil
3D, MicroStation, GIS, and Excel to develop the design
- Expert knowledge in design, calculations, and design
- Expert knowledge in the theory and practices of civil
discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other
disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable
of operating related discipline design software necessary to
execute production tasks.
Leaders in Technical Recruiting & Staffing since 1965
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of
diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran status, or any other attribute or
protected characteristic by law. If you need assistance applying,
please get in touch with us directly.
Keywords: ESPO Corporation, Kansas City , Electrical Designer, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!