District Manager - Transportation
Company: Waste Management
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages the day-to-day collection operations of a single site or
multiple sites, and establishes and maintains performance and
productivity metrics and cost management processes.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the District, and provides
daily support to managers in ensuring quality and budget
- Monitors budget and operating metrics while diagnosing and
improving processes, procedures, and performance.
- Executes the Markets strategic capital budget, ensuring
effective use of the budget through asset allocation; ensures
appropriate spare ratios and asset disposal.
- Executes necessary precautions to ensure safety and compliance
with Company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
- Ensures thorough root cause investigations for all injuries and
incidents, following-up with consistent discipline and
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting,
coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating
employee performance. Provides input into termination,
compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans
in conjunction with the Market Area General Manager and/or Director
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets
are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment
utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material
- Interacts with local city, municipal, and county agencies to
ensure customer satisfaction, improve efficiency, renew contracts
and negotiate new contracts; establishes WM as a good corporate
citizen and valued resource.
- Engages suppliers in problem solving and participates in
suppliers improvement processes by providing performance feedback
on supplier surveys.
- Minimizes the total number of suppliers used by working with
Supplier Partners to eliminate/reduce the number of one-time
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and
labor relations issues.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of _ full-time employees,
- Indirect supervision of _ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree,
High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant
- Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience in a role with
supervisory and PNL responsibility (in addition to education
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Experience in a position involving at least 2 of the following:
operations, customer service, community relations, health and
safety, financial, and human resources function, experience as a
supervisor or manager; experience implementing safety (OSHA)
programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and
managing budgets, and experience resolving labor relations issues
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Kansas City , District Manager - Transportation, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!