Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
Company: Sherwood Autism Center
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) - 06/2022
Director of Training and Related Services
Do you want to play an integral role in a dynamic organization? We
are looking for a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) who
wants to assist our organization. The right candidate will enjoy
learning new tasks and taking on a variety of responsibilities
while working in an up-beat, nonprofit environment.
Sherwood Autism Center fosters a team environment, you will work
toward one goal: making sure our adults lead active and independent
lives. It's more than a career; it's a fulfilling way of life.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Observes clients, makes recommendations, and assists with
implementation by modeling interventions, coaching and providing
instruction of intervention procedures.
- Conducts functional behavior assessments and develops behavior
intervention plans to support clients.
- Develops and conducts professional development for staff.
- Develops instructional strategy materials (includes reports) to
support the staff.
- Provides case management to clients referred for specific social
and emotional supports.
- Works in conjunction with the client's service team to address
client and agency needs/priorities.
- Develops data collection systems in collaboration with staff to
track behavior and progress towards goals.
- Collaborates with outside service providers.
- Participate in monthly consultation team meeting to discuss
barriers and new initiatives from consultants.
- Develop and participate in presentations, workshops, and/or
trainings for staff.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing
productivity and employee morale
The Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) position is located
within our Special Education Department . You will be in the midst
of activity and energy. This position is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have
been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning
to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged
Sherwood Autism Center recognizes the value of benefits to our
employees. We offer competitive wages, and ongoing training. Full
time employees are eligible for our robust, comprehensive benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Ancillary benefit options including Voluntary Short term
disability, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Voluntary Accident,
Voluntary Critical Illness and Cancer Plan, Voluntary Hospital
Indemnity as well as an Employee Assistance Program.
- 10 company paid holidays
- Generous PTO/Vacation
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program with bonuses up to $500
What is Sherwood Autism Center?
Sherwood Autism Center is a non-profit committed to our mission to
educate, equip, and empower children and adults with autism as well
as other developmental disabilities to promote independence in
family and community life by providing the highest quality
services. Since our founding in 1974, we have evolved into a
multi-faceted organization serving our community though a wide
range of impactful educational, vocational, and behavioral health
The Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) must be able to
prioritize, organize and communicate with all levels of the
organization. They should be able to maintain confidentiality, be a
critical thinker, as well as be concise and detail oriented. You
must have a positive demeanor, and great customer service
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
Sherwood Autism Center is committed to cultivating an inclusive
work environment because we know that many of the greatest ideas
and discoveries as well as best examples of service come from a
diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences. We believe that
everyone is an equal member of society and should be treated with
dignity, respect and kindness. Because we believe inclusivity is
critical to our success, Sherwood provides equal opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability,
veteran status or any other protected category under Federal, State
and local law.
Required Education and Experience:
- 1+ year experience working as a BCBA or in a similar Behavior
Analytic role (supervision of treatment or intervention planning
including de livery of training on ABA principles)
- Be in good standing with the BACB and states of Mo/KS as a Board
Certified and Licensed Behavior Analyst
- Experience working with or within the public education system,
multidisciplinary teams, day habilitation or clinical setting
- A strong desire to work with a dynamic team and advance their
knowledge and skills in ABA
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3+ year experience working as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
within a school setting, natural environment or clinical setting
and supervising registered behavior technicians
- Strong understanding of the IEP process
- Strong consultation skills, such as building rapport,
communication with multidisciplinary teams, knowledgeable of PBIS,
- Strong writing and scheduling skills with efficient time
Keywords: Sherwood Autism Center, Kansas City , Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!