Lead Developer - Distribution Technologies
Company: American Century Investments
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
American Century Investments - is a leading global asset manager
focused on delivering investment results and building long-term
client relationships while supporting research that can improve
human health and save lives. Founded in 1958, the firm's 1,400
employees serve financial professionals, institutions, corporations
and individual investors, offering a wide range of investment
strategies across a variety of investment disciplines.
We are committed to providing institutional-quality, actively
managed solutions with a performance-centered mindset. Our
expertise spans global growth equity, global value equity,
disciplined equity, multi-asset strategies, global fixed income,
alternatives and ETFs.
For more information, please visit americancentury.com.
Our IT teams support that mission by building applications and
products that serve our customers. We're looking for a Lead
Developer that's interested in leading software evolution and
innovation within a product team. The ideal candidate would be
passionate about leadership and utilizing modern engineering
principles for building and delivering software to market.
Primary responsibilities of this position are to provide day-to-day
leadership, individual coaching, mentoring, software engineering
and architectural guidance. Our Lead Developers work closely with
Product Owners and Architects to identify solutions and lead team
members to deliver improvements to our clients through Agile
- Set goals and objectives that align with department
- Track progress to team commitments and objectives.
- Facilitate coaching sessions and one-on-ones with team
- Empower and champion team success.
- Mature roadmaps and outline solutions with Product Owners.
- Participate in industry outreach and research.
- Prepare documentation, technical design and requirements to
- Identify innovative ideas and build consensus for
- Develop feature improvements and coordinate releases.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, finance or business or
an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Proven leadership and communications skills.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering and testing
- Solid technical expertise and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with NodeJS, React, Typescript, Mulesoft, OpenShift,
Jenkins and/or AWS.
- To ensure a safe and welcoming work environment for all
employees, clients, and visitors, American Century Investments
currently requires all U.S. based new hires to have submitted proof
of having received the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine
prior to the position start date unless they have obtained a
American Century Investments is committed to complying with the
Americans with Disabilities Act and all other applicable Equal
Employment Opportunity laws and regulations. As such, American
Century strives to provide a reasonable accommodation to any
qualified individual under the ADA to perform essential job
American Century Investments believes all individuals are entitled
to equal employment opportunity and advancement opportunities
without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, national
origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, age for individuals forty years of age
and older, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, and any
other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
ACI does not discriminate or adopt any policy that discriminates
against an individual or any group of individuals on any of these
-2019 American Century Proprietary Holdings, Inc. All rights
Keywords: American Century Investments, Kansas City , Lead Developer - Distribution Technologies, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!