Company: Kansas City Southern Railway
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
This position works to improve the company's value through
optimizing cash flow via the prompt collection of Customer Accounts
Receivable debt. Position strives to reduce past due delinquent
accounts in effort to improve days sales outstanding and limit the
risk of bad debt write-offs.
- Manages collection of freight, demurrage, & extra service
receivables for accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, root cause
analysis and problem solving of customer deductions and
- Works effectively with customers, internal departments, and
other railroads to resolve billing disputes.
- Assists customers with information requests such as account
statements, invoice copies, and assistance with online account
- Responds to all inquiries via phone and e-mail within a timely
manner, per department standards and update electronic files as
- Provides management with account updates weekly and as
requested; participate in monthly account review with
- Recommends to management amounts to consider for bad debt
write-off and process approved concessions within limit
- Suggests organizational improvements to management to help
improve efficiencies in the department.
- Participates in testing and implementing SAP changes; handles
special projects as assigned.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every
interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college,
preferably in a job-related major field of study
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant professional
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in railroad or transportation industry.
- Prior experience with SAP preferred
- Extensive customer interface experience both verbally and
- This position has a regular full-time schedule with a normal
work week of Monday through Friday. There may be a need for
occasional work after hours or weekends.
- Complete health and welfare benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Incentive plan
- Railroad Retirement benefits
- 401k savings
- Leave/vacation plan
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
In 1887, Arthur Stilwell constructed a north-south railroad while
others were heading east and west, setting the tone for a
century-old legacy of outstanding vision; entrepreneurial spirit;
resilience in the face of adversity; and, willingness to challenge
conventional wisdom. Building on that legacy, our culture is
further defined by a new vision for the future and a core set of
values - Safety, Customer Focus, Communication, Teamwork,
Initiative & Innovation, and Diversity & Civility. We believe that
the way we do business is as important as the business we do.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we
encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who
see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever
authority and resources are available to get a job done well -
accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard,
grow professionally, be valued by your employer, and know that you
are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a
global supply chain, and the larger economy, Kansas City Southern
may be the place for you.
Job Location Kansas City, Missouri, United States Position Type
Keywords: Kansas City Southern Railway, Kansas City , Account Specialist, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!