Infrastructure Support Technician- Southwest Remote
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
What's the Job?The Manufacturing Infrastructure Support
Technician position will join a new team dedicated to develop,
support, maintain and troubleshoot problems related to the
manufacturing IT / OT environments across the Saint Gobain North
American facilities. This position will be responsible for regional
implementation and maintenance of an IT infrastructure in
compliance with standards developed by Saint Gobain Technology
Services. The manufacturing IT infrastructure can be unique to each
plant and business requiring a strong understanding of plant
processes to avoid unnecessary interruption or downtime. In this
role, traditional IT infrastructure skills will be leveraged to
support OT and manufacturing 4.0 initiatives. Administration and
Support of Local Resources
- Support, manage, develop, implement and troubleshoot all local
data rooms remotely when possible and onsite as needed within a
- Rack, stack and cable IT servers, storage and related
- Install, configure and maintain IT systems and technologies
including but not limited to:MS Windows workstation and servers.
Red Hat Linux servers, Storage appliances/SAN, Vmware. VEEAM,
Veritas NetBackup, Lansweeper, CyberX industrial network
monitoring, Palo Alto firewall rulesets, and HP/Aruba switches.
- Track incidents using Service Now ITSM through completion and
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents. Ensure managed
infrastructure is monitored for uptime, capacity and utilization
and proper handling of service requests (major or minor changes),
their recording and the follow-up through implementation Operations
- Create, maintain and delete Active Directory user accounts and
related security groups.
- Monitor resource usage and follow up on system performance and
- Participate in the change management process (planning,
follow-up, approval) and incident management (technical escalation,
- Perform routine disaster recovery testing. Customer Relations
- Provide innovative ideas to the business in regards to
Industrial digital solutions through knowledge sharing and industry
- Ensure that customer needs are taken into account in line with
the strategy defined by DSI Group.
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and
alternatives within the time limits; follow up to ensure
- Resolve service problems by clarifying the customer's
complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and
explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting
correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer through
open and interactive communication.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
Manufacturing IT Infrastructure Management
- Consult with local and regional management in the design
purchase and implementation of IT systems for the manufacturing
- Deliver infrastructure that follows SGTS standards and security
compliance requirements including the 28 Minimum Security Rules for
Industrial and Logistics Systems (28 MSRs).
- Manage manufacturing IT assets through the entire systems
- Upgrade and replace non-standard IT infrastructure hardware and
What do you bring?
- Bachelor's degree (technical or business related)
- 5+ years applicable work experience within IT and/or technical
manufacturing experience is required.
- Prior experience servicing internal customers in a large
complex organization is required.
- Certification or equivalent experience in one or more of the
following technologies: VMware, Switching/Routing/Firewall,
- In depth understanding of manufacturing processes and
technology is required.
- Will occasionally require working outside of normal business
hours. On-call availability 24/7 with cell phone coverage.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and
solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us
and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living
places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation,
infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide
comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of
sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered
veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals
with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Keywords: Saint-Gobain, Kansas City , Infrastructure Support Technician- Southwest Remote, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!