Lead Service Technician
Company: Syndeo Staffing
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Lead Service Technician is a multifaceted position that
includes working with the customer on complex technical issues, the
accuracy of which is critical to keeping strong relationships in
the shop and in the field. The position requires complete knowledge
of the company's services. They must be capable of logically
processing critical problem-solving data in order to deliver the
highest quality technical services to the requirements of the
customer. Paramount to success is making the right field decisions
in the best interest of the customer and the company. The lead
service technician has to be an expert on all regulations, abide by
all customer on-site requirements for operating and safety, and all
current and new OSHA safety regulations. This position requires the
passing of a 10- hour course on OSHA safety and getting your CDL.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities : The duties and
responsibilities that are expected of a competent Service
Technician include but are not limited to:
- An ability to understand the technical requirements of the work
to be performed including working through with the customer the
problem, specifications, time frames, and outcomes.
- Must be proficient in the removal/installation/repair of pumps,
motors, controls, and other rotating equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of all machinery, equipment in the shop
and at the customer's location. This ensures the right solutions
are being applied to the right equipment and the work is performed
at the highest quality level.
- Personality capable of building relationships with customers at
the right levels throughout the customer interaction process. This
person must understand, often better than the customer the
technical issues and just as important must be able to communicate
these issues regarding the repair and/ or installation
- Knowledgeable of a vast number of service and product manuals,
vendors manuals, specifications, updates, and general information
to ensure the highest quality technical services are
- Must be able to manage the repair and/or installation within
reasonable costs, margins per job, and labor.
- Must be capable of working with a variety of materials, safely
and in compliance with company requirements. Also operates tools,
machinery and equipment, and all other tools efficiently and
- Operates the shop tools and machinery including grinders,
torches, cutters, welders
- Performs all work at the highest quality levels ensuring the
customers receive the highest quality products.
- Pay close attention to the shop costs to keep in line with
expectations for a cost efficient but high-quality output.
- Makes frequent and solid recommendations on how to improve
technical service work to build loyalty from the customer and
streamline processes throughout the company.
- Maintain proficiency in using personal computers, data entry
terminals, and other common office equipment and software.
- Ensures that all internal functions get accurate information so
they in turn can accomplish their jobs on time.
- Manages expenses and budget within annual guidelines.
- Manages the projects keeping all equipment/tools in the best
possible operating condition to prolong the use of valuable
- Manages the assigned project and the duties of the Service
Technician assigned to that project.
- Coordinates with Service Manager and others for the purpose of
completing projects/work efficiently.
- Communicates with outside and inside sources at all times
setting the example that promotes a positive service image for the
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical Service & Knowledge: 100% accountable for making sure
all technical work performed is complete, on-time, and to the
customers' expectations. Failure to do so can increase the costs,
rework and disappoint the customer.
- Customer Relations: Accountable for the field level
communication to the customer on technical repairs and
installations always looking for ways to make the company easy to
do business with and the preferred technical serviced partner from
the customer's point of view.
- Internal Facilities: 100% accountable for all related technical
service activities, building relationships within the internal
staff to support the work in the field.
- Safety: 100% accountable for zero tolerance for the execution
of operating safely and in compliance at all times.
- Expenses: 100% accountable for operating within expense
guidelines, recommending improvements by looking for ways to serve
the customer better with high-quality services. Professional
Requirements: The person holding this position conducts themselves
with the highest degree of integrity, cooperation, professionalism,
and honesty in dealing with internal support staff, vendors, and
all external contacts and customers. As an ambassador of the
company, this individual is required at all times to conduct
himself/herself personally and professionally in an exemplary and
forthright manner to ensure the highest quality reputation and
image of the company in the industry.
Keywords: Syndeo Staffing, Kansas City , Lead Service Technician, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!