Company: Shamrock Trading Corporation
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Shamrock Trading Corporation is the parent company for a family of
brands in transportation services, finance and technology.
Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, Shamrock has been named "Best
Places to Work" by the Kansas City Business Journal every year
since 2015. We also have offices in Chicago, Dallas, Laredo,
Midland and Nashville.
With an average annual revenue growth of 25% since 1986, Shamrock's
success is attributed to three key factors: hiring the best people,
cultivating long-term relationships with our customers and
continually evolving in the marketplace.
The Security Analyst role will be a key contributor to the security
team, providing security guidance and expertise to perform a
variety of responsibilities. Responsibilities will include working
with leaders from different business divisions, incident response,
vulnerability management, enhanced discovery, ensuring compliance
to information security policy, leading multiple projects,
implementing security tools, presenting on Information Security
concepts and assisting in policy or procedural development. This
role may conduct investigations, as an individual, self-managed
investigator, or in small project teams while maintaining and
overseeing information systems security standards.
- Work with senior IT or business employees to ensure security
- Provide support to plan, coordinate, and implement the
organization's information security requirements.
- Evaluate security requirements and conduct feasibility studies
to examine software requirements, administration costs, information
- Lead projects to monitor logs for unusual or suspicious
activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for
- Work with application development, project managers and cloud
engineers to implement security best practices.
- Provide support for various business units to identify their
current security gaps.
- Lead or assist in the installation, testing, maintenance, and
modification of security tools.
- Assist in the execution of security compliance functions
including, policy/procedure development, reporting, artifact
extraction, analysis, meetings with auditors and review of emerging
- Resolves routine or difficult information security problems and
coordinates the resolution of more complex security issues with
assistance as needed.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of common security
issues, can train employees or customers, and assist them in
resolving computer security problems as needed.
- Perform investigations on desktops, servers, networks, and
applications using a combination of automated and manual tools
following a defined process with assistance as needed.
- Communicate findings from investigations to the business units
and assist with tracking resolution of identified findings.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding technological
advances that improve security, reduce down time, and maintain
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work
- Five to seven years of related job experience in Information
- Industry certifications - CISSP, CEH, GIAC or equivalent.
- Experience implementing IT security compliance requirements
across multiple hosting topologies.
- Advanced knowledge of system security acquired through several
years of direct experience or the equivalent.
- Good knowledge of computer forensic and incident response
methodology and techniques.
- A proficient knowledge of common software applications
including spreadsheets and word processing, strong verbal, and
- Experience in implementing and managing Firewalls, SPAM
filters, IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, cloud security, secure development,
application security and other security tools.
- Strong ability to accurately estimate project needs and
- An experienced understanding of OS hardening, vulnerability
assessments, regulatory compliance: PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA and CIS
Critical Security Controls.
- Solid understanding of Mac OS, UNIX / Linux, and Microsoft
Windows operating systems.
- Experience managing vulnerability scanning tools.
- A strong understanding of endpoint protection controls.
- Experience in identifying and handling security incidents.
- Experience creating technical documents, maintaining accurate
records, prioritizing work, and analyzing problems to improve
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working
relationship with team members, customers, and other technical
- A continuing desire to learn, enhance skills with the drive to
excel when presented with an opportunity.
At Shamrock we hire bright, ambitious people and give them the
tools they need to be successful. By investing in training and
development, we hope to become a long-term career for employees,
where there are always opportunities for advancement. Shamrock also
offers a premier set of benefits for employees and their
- Medical: Fully-paid healthcare, dental and vision premiums for
employees and eligible dependents
- Financial: Generous company 401(k) contributions and employee
stock ownership after one year
- Wellness: Onsite gym, jogging trail and discounted membership
to nearby fitness center
- Work-Life Balance: Competitive PTO and paid leave options
Keywords: Shamrock Trading Corporation, Kansas City , Security Analyst, Professions , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!