Corporate Income Tax Analyst
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The speed of technology. The influx of data. Shifting
regulations. Increased customer expectations.
That's where you'll find DST, helping clients find opportunity in
ever-changing and complex customer, business, and regulatory
requirements. Mastering complexity is a constantly changing and
evolving challenge - one that only a few people can embrace and
If you see your opportunity in complexity, then we are the right
fit for you.
At SS&C, we're working hard to help clients in some of the
world's most complex industries discover the best experiences and
positive outcomes for business.We're also working hard to help over
16,000 global employees discover the best experiences and positive
outcomes for themselves and our company.We attract, build,
energize, and reward our people by building and deploying strategic
programs designed to support a high performance culture that
enables SS&C to best execute its business strategy.
The Corporate Tax Department is responsible for any tax matters
that relate to the company or an affiliated entity (not employee
tax matters). This would include the areas of corporate federal
income tax, state income tax, capital and franchise taxes, business
licenses, unclaimed property, sales and use tax, property tax,
excise tax, tax audits, and accounting for income taxes. The Tax
Department also consults with the business on matters involving
state registrations, mergers and acquisitions of businesses,
reorganization of existing businesses, tax compliance matters, and
business transactions and situations that could have tax
implications to the company.
The Corporate Income Tax Analyst is responsible for assisting in
tax compliance, tax research, tax audits, tax planning, and
quarterly tax accounting and reporting. The individual will be
ensuring compliance with tax laws, working with management to
develop tax planning strategies and working with tax software and
other programs to streamline the tax function.
- Involved in quarterly tax accounting and reporting computations
including preparation of workpapers and utilization of tax
- Involved in tax compliance including registrations, preparing,
and filing of federal, state and local corporate tax returns.
- Preparation of tax workpapers to support tax filings (tax trial
balances, book/tax reconciliations, state apportionment schedules,
- Work with various departments to gain understanding of book
treatment for transactions to ensure appropriate tax return
- Preparation of quarterly projections and estimates of taxable
- Support Tax Team in responding to federal, state and local tax
audits and inquiries related to tax filings.
- Research, document and review the Company's tax positions in
regards to all areas of tax, including monitoring developments in
applicable areas of the tax law to determine the impact to the
Company's tax return position.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of work-related experience, or 4
years equivalent work-related experience
- Strong technical tax skills/knowledge, with an emphasis on U.S.
corporate income taxation
- Experience with performing tax research using tax
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office software
- Highly motivated, able to handle multiple projects effectively
and meet deadlines
- Strong skills in the following areas: project and time
management, analytical and problem solving, and oral and written
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
in a team environment
- CPA and/or Master's Degree in Taxation are preferred
- 1 - 5 years of experience in work environment dealing with
taxation matters, public accounting experience preferred
- Experience in tax preparation software (OneSource or GoSystems)
and OneSource Tax Provision software is a plus
Kansas City Missouri
DST is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and
inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive
consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color,
religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.For more
information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click
hereand here. DST is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If
you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an
accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online
application, please contact us at PeopleCenter@dstsystems.com for
Keywords: SS&C, Kansas City , Corporate Income Tax Analyst, Professions , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!