Company: Advantage Metals Recycling
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
OverviewAt Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is
YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates
the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes
to help shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive
compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because
our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a
recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place
where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our
processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers,
shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and
extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor
Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph
family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety,
integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community
citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and
environmentally proactive.ResponsibilitiesAdvantage Metals
Recycling LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of DJJ has an exciting
opportunity for a Scale Operator at our Kansas City, Kansas yard.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with excellent
- Greet and assist customers and visually inspects inbound
material and verifies specific grade. Notifies the yard quality
control inspector when material does not comply with specifications
and seeks guidance.
- Weights, purchases and calculating payment for all purchase
materials. Prepares and issues payment by ATM, cash or scale check
according to the payment terms with the customer, not to exceed
limit set by the company policy.
- Communicates pricing information and material specifications to
- Obtains required information from customers for all
transactions, completes required purchasing and shipping
- Reviews all documents to ensure regulatory and Company
requirements are met.
- Workweek: M-F from approximately 7:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.;
Saturdays approximately 8 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (at some
- Other tasks as assigned.
- 2 years' of cash handling and direct customer service
experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, basic math and
proficient with computer skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Ability to:
- Work on a touch screen computer
- Meet attendance schedule with dependability and
- Willing to work in an industrial environment which includes
being outside in all weather conditions
- Work with others and be part of a team
- Be flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays and display a
positive attitude in a fastpaced environment
- Organized and able to adapt to diverse assignments and changing
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- 1-year of general labor preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required; some college
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
BenefitsWe offer a competitive compensation and benefit package
including paid training, bonus program, medical, dental, vision,
life and disability coverage, vacation, paid holidays, a 401(k)
plan with match, tuition reimbursement and other great benefits.EEO
StatementAdvantage Metals Recycling LLC (AMR) is a drug-free
workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of
employment.AMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy,
lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age,
marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information,
protected veteran status, military status, or any other
characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules,
or regulations. AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the
basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd
like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities
to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or
perform the essential functions of the job, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This
applies to all applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work
environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and
work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or
tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and
require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an
atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual
respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify NoticeEJNEJN
Keywords: Advantage Metals Recycling, Kansas City , Scale Operator, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!