Company: Kelly Services
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Oil Sample Laboratory Technician MIDNIGHT Shift
MUST BE LOCAL TO KANSAS CITY, KS OR SURROUNDING AREA
Kelly Services has provided outstanding employment opportunities to
the most talented individuals in the marketplace for over 60 years.
Today, Kelly Services is searching for Chemistry Grads wishing to
utilize their degree as an Oil Sample Laboratory Technician and
join the team of a Fortune 500 oil company in Kansas City, KS,
under a long term contract, performing oil sample analysis.
-Sample receiving and preparation
- Analyze oil samples using wet chemistry and instrumentation
such as GC, ICP, and FTIR
-Follow Standard Operating Procedures SOP s and safety
- Conducts standardized physical and chemical tests applicable to
a wide range of products and product applications.
- Provides daily instrument test results and contributes to the
completion of daily sample login responsibilities.
- Monitors the quality of test data by applying instrument data
review; refers to work instructions or standard operating
procedures, as necessary.
- Collects and enters, or sends, test results into the Global
Used Oil Analysis Laboratory Information Management System GUOALIMS
- Supports Quality Practices Guidelines QP G in the facility by
compliance with Data Integrity Assurance Framework DIAF , Quality
Assurance, Statistical Quality Control SQC and other applicable
procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains integrity of recorded laboratory results.
- Maintains work area to facility housekeeping
- Participates in physical shift changeover or information
transfer via logbook.
- Receives, opens, sorts and logs in daily samples as
- Conveys instrument test results and other issues to appropriate
- Attends and participates in monthly Operations Integrity
Management System OIMS meetings addressing facility Safety,
Security, Health Environment SSH E requirements.
- Works together with other team members to provide monthly
- Participates in Loss Prevention Systems LPS Tools
- Secures instrument certifications via the Collective Experience
Matrix CEM .
- Receives OIMS training annually.
- Participates in assigned OIMS activities.
- B.S. Chemistry or Biology is REQUIRED
- Some lab experience required, can be academic lab
- Desire to learn how to use lab instruments
- Must be able to understand and follow SOP's
- Must be positive, pro-active and a team player
-Due to the entry level nature of the position MS and Ph.D.
candidates will not be considered
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's
highest-regarded scientific organizations-
providing you with opportunities to work on today's most
challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific
pursuits you'll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100--- companies, and found
opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.You pursued a career in science
to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career-connect with us
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an
equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Kansas City , KC Midnights, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!