Company: Advantage Metals Recycling
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 11, 2018
OverviewAt Advantage Metals Recycling (AMR) the opportunity is YOURS! We have achieved years of success by giving our teammates the tools they need to do the best job. Do you have what it takes to help shape the future? Working at AMR is definitely for you if:
- You want a career and not just a job
- You want to work for an awesome company where you can make a difference
- You have a positive, can-do attitude
- You are motivated and take initiative
We are committed to building great teams, offering competitive compensation, and allowing for a healthy work-life balance, because our teammates are our most valuable asset. Whether you work in a recycling facility or at our corporate headquarters, AMR is a place where you can come for a job, but stay for a career.
AMR operates recycling facilities in Kansas and Missouri. Our processing capabilities include an automobile shredder, balers, shears, mobile shearing, torch processing, auto crushers, and extensive transportation services. AMR is a proud part of Nucor Corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of The David J Joseph family of companies and has a well-earned reputation for safety, integrity and innovation. We are recognized as good community citizens who are trustworthy, financially strong and environmentally proactive.ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for pro-active and passionate teammates to join our Cheyenne (Kansas City, KS) team in a Laborer role.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general clean-up of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Removing metals and debris from conveyor belt.
- General duties involving physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assists other employees as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, non-stop environment while providing excellent customer service.
- Minimum of 1-year previous general labor and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends, holidays in an industrial environment which includes being outdoors in all weather conditions.
EEO StatementAdvantage Metals Recycling LLC (AMR) is a drug-free workplace and conducts pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.AMR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, lactation/breastfeeding, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. AMR hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
AMR reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and teammates.AMR also provides a work environment in which each teammate is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all teammates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all teammates and applicants.
E-Verify Information - E-Verify Notice
Keywords: Advantage Metals Recycling, Kansas City , AMR Laborer, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!