Part Time Custodian
Company: Guadalupe Centers
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job DescriptionDepartment: Maintenance Reports to: Custodial LeadSupervises: 0FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Job Purpose: The custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of Guadalupe Centers’ facilities, ensuring all areas are safe and secure. Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Ensures all spaces are clean.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms; including toilets, sinks, showers, and mirrors.
- Restocks disposables such as toilet paper, paper towels and hand soap.
- Empties trash and removes recycling items to parking lot dumpsters.
- Dusts and vacuums furniture, wall hangings, door trim, and statuary.
- Cleans windows.
- Dust, sanitize, disinfect, deodorize and polish surfaces and fixtures.
- Waters plants.
- Maintains building exterior to include, picking up trash, including sweeping debris and washing walkways.
- Shovels snow to clear sidewalks and entrance ways as required.
- Setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc. Move furniture, equipment, and supplies. Change Ceiling tiles and light bulbs as required.
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting alarm when needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualification RequirementsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Qualifications:
- Possession of a valid driver’s license required
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of cleaning tools and equipment required
- Knowledge of safe usage and disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous materials required
- Ability to operate various types of cleaning equipment required
- Detail-oriented and conscientious
- Good physical condition and strength
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional demeanor
- Bilingual English/ Spanish preferred
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum two years custodial or janitorial experience, preferred Work EnvironmentThis job operates in a professional office environment. Guadalupe Centers serves a diverse population including children, adolescents, and adults some of whom may have mental or behavioral health problems. Consequently, all GC staff must demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, as well as, inappropriate emotional expression are not acceptable behaviors for any of our employees. Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to move chairs, vacuum and clean restrooms. These tasks require that the employee frequently bends at the waist and raises and lowers or moves his/her arm in a pushing or pulling motion. The employee will also be required to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance. The position also requires the ability to stand for up to eight hours per shift. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may frequently be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is directly responsible for the safety, well-being, and work output.This positional also requires regularly talking and hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as the ability to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. In addition, the position requires distance, color, peripheral and depth perception vision abilities. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with other staff. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position given this title and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring department. Specific job-related duties assigned by the hiring department shall be consistent with the representative essential functions listed above and shall not be expanded in role or scope.Company DescriptionThe Guadalupe Centers, Inc. has been around since 1919, it is the oldest serving agency of its kind in the U.S. It consists of 7 different programs and 15 different buildings serving the community in the areas of Health and Social Services, Education, Youth Recreation, Cultural Events, Catering Services, Summer and After-School Programs. The mission of the Guadalupe Centers, Inc is to improve the quality of life for individuals int eh Latino communities of greater Kansas City.Guadalupe Centers, Inc., through its subsidiary Guadalupe Educational Systems Inc., is the proud home of Guadalupe Centers Charter Schools. Guadalupe Centers (GCS) Charter Schools are a free, open enrollment, public charter school currently serving students in grades Pre-K and K--12 under the sponsorship of the University of Central Missouri.
Keywords: Guadalupe Centers, Kansas City , Part Time Custodian, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!