General Laborer (Kansas City)
Company: Turner Construction Company
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Project Location(s):Kansas City, MO 64105 USA
Minimum Years Experience:Travel Involved:None/Not SpecifiedJob
Type:RegularJob Classification:TradeEducation:High School
Diploma/EquivalentJob Family:TradeCompensation:Non-Union Trade
We are seeking general labors to join the team. This is a great
opportunity to learn some trade skill sets.Position
Description:Perform tasks involving physical labor at building
construction projects. Work may be performed both indoors and
outside. May clean and prepare construction sites, dig trenches,
set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding,
and clean up rubble and debris. May operate hand and power tools of
all types. May assist other craft workers in their trades.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pick up, collect, sort, and dispose of (or recycle) jobsite
- Perform general construction cleaning activities including
sweeping, mopping, or vacuuming floors, wiping down horizontal and
vertical surfaces, and moving and organizing jobsite construction
materials, tools, and equipment.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions or other
compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide
- Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or
- Place, consolidate, and protect case-in-place concrete or
- Position, join, align, and seal structural components, such as
concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers;
and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement,
and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using
floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Spray materials through hoses to clean, coat, or seal
- Tend machines that pump materials through spray-guns for
application to ceilings and walls.
- Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for
tools, machinery, and equipment.
- Lubricate, clean and repair machinery, equipment, and
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or using caulking guns.
- Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle
forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and
level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels,
pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic
barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and
tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according
to project plans and specifications.
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning
- Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters and
- Demolish structures and salvage useful materials.May perform
other duties as necessary or required.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the
construction or repair of buildings and other structures.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- OSHA knowledge and understanding of safety requirements.Skills
- Safe use of power tools such as saws, drills, planes, sanders,
routers and grinders.
- Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull,
or carry objects.
- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to
support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time
without "giving out" or fatiguing.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two
arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or
lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the
whole body is in motion.
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with
your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of
your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing,
lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to
operate machines or processes (not including computers or
- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and
moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices,
moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of
mechanical (not electronic) principles.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual
orientation/gender identity.VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply NowShare Save Job
Keywords: Turner Construction Company, Kansas City , General Laborer (Kansas City), Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...