Company: Mckeever Price Chopper
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job DescriptionDescription:Cashier OverviewThis position is a
key point of contact for customer service in the store setting, so
successful candidates must be courteous, professional and have
strong interpersonal skills. Basic responsibilities include
checking out shoppers in large and small grocery store settings,
assisting shoppers in locating items, and creating a pleasant
overall shopping experience for all customers.Responsibilities
- Responsible for greeting , making eye contact and 'Thanking'
each customer that you service.
- Responsible for delivering a friendly, helpful, easy and safe
shopping experience that meets our customer's expectations.
- Responsible for projecting oneself in a professional manner in
accordance with our dress code.
- Quickly and efficiently checking items in a cashier lane.
- Maintaining current knowledge of all government regulations
regarding WIC orders, food stamps, health department guidelines,
alcohol and tobacco sales, and lottery sales (where
- Promoting sales of additional items.
- Maintaining not only a clean cashier stand, but a clean overall
- Sacking groceries for customers as needed.
- Returning products to shelves.
- Assisting customers in locating items throughout the
- Counting exchange media accurately including cash, check, WIC,
food stamps, coupons, ect.
- Handle customer complaints or concerns in a professional,
courteous manner and follow through to the best possible
- Other Duties may be assigned.Requirements:Minimum
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be reliable.
- Must show a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to read and write at the 8th grade level.
- Ability to count money.Physical Requirements
- Constant standing 4-8 hour shifts.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, and reaching.
- Repetitive use of left or right hand, wrist, arm and
- Frequent lifting from waist to shoulders of up to 10
- Occasionally lifting from floor to waist of up to 36
- Occasional carrying of up to 15 pounds.
- Occasional pushing and pulling of up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a store environment.by Jobble
Keywords: Mckeever Price Chopper, Kansas City , Cashier, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!