Senior Mechanical Professional Engineer
Company: Central Conveyor Company
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:KCI, Incorporated (a member of the Tsubaki Group) is
an original equipment manufacturer providing a broad range of
automated solutions for diverse markets and industries worldwide.
We are recognized for developing unique, automated processes in
automotive assembly as well as for being the nation's leading
manufacturer of insulation process equipment. The Senior Mechanical
Professional Engineer designs and supervises industrial equipment
with AutoCAD and Inventor 3D design software. The Senior Mechanical
Professional Engineer directs other Engineering staff on assigned
portions of design jobs. This position works directly with Project
Managers, Engineers, Manufacturing Services, Purchasing, Company
Management and the Customer.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included
but not limited to this job description - other tasks may be
assigned and expected to be performed.
- Work independently or on a team to accurately design & revise
AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D industrial equipment.
- Lead formal and informal kickoff meetings; take direction from
Project manager or Engineering manager.
- Document design narratives & engineering analysis including
creation of bill of materials for all designs.
- Capable of conveyance, structural support steel, automation,
thermal expansion, production facility, environment (including
detailing parts) system layout and machine design.
- Communicate as needed with Project Manager, Engineers and
Designers, Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Services, Purchasing,
Company Management and the Customer.
- Travel to job sites to conduct equipment health assessments,
trouble-shoot, etc. as needed. (5%-10%)
- Ability to perform field verification of drawings as
- Create detailed Engineering drawings, specifications and
technical requirements as required.
- Review design documents for accuracy, completeness and
- Work closely with Project Manager to assure accuracy,
timeliness and completion of project.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Services, Purchasing and
Engineering Manager regarding design modifications, as appropriate
to accommodate improved cost effectiveness of construction.
- Monitor and manage Engineering costs of project; communicate
and revise with Engineering Manager.
- Accurately name and store designs per departmental naming and
- Respond to requests for information, non-conformance reports
and change orders.
- Expedite resolution of any design or equipment performance
- Attend pre-bid and job meetings if needed; take notes and
follow-up as needed.
- Review project priorities with Engineering Manager to ensure
all design steps are aligned.
- Complete all required job design paperwork timely and
- Other duties as assigned.Requirements:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field
- State of Missouri or Kansas current Registered Professional
Engineer designation required.
- 10+ years' experience in related mechanical engineering
discipline or equivalent in an industrial design build environment
in the automotive and/or fiberglass insulation manufacturing
- PMP a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Teams, and
- Expert in AutoCAD and Inventor 3D design software.
- Familiarity & experience with industrial manufacturing designs
- Strong problem-solving & critical thinking skills.
- Advanced time management, written & verbal communication and
analytical skills required.
- Comprehensive ability to review, update, maintain & execute
scope of work drawings & job plans.
- Strong ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Ability to effectively work independently or on a team.
- Must be familiar with manufacturing shop fabrication
- Strong mechanical aptitude required & must have very strong
attention to detail.
- Excellent client-facing written & verbal communication skills
with diverse groups.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations
and remain open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Personal commitment to safety.
- Willingness to travel 5-10%U.S. Tsubaki offers a competitive
compensation package, including health benefits effective on date
of hire, generous 401(k) match and profit sharing, education
reimbursement, and annual bonus potential.Tsubaki is an Equal
Opportunity Employer -
Keywords: Central Conveyor Company, Kansas City , Senior Mechanical Professional Engineer, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!