Banquet Line Cook
Company: Hotel Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*_Please note that hourly rate listed is an Indeed estimate and
may not reflect the competitive hourly rate for this position.
Hotel Kansas City is the new level of standard when it comes to an
upscale dining experience for banquets and events. This unique
historical property totals approximately 20,000 square feet of
event space with multiple venues. The menus focus on offering the
finest ingredients that are available from around the region.
We are committed to working with the best farms, ranches, and
ingredients we can find in the area and cooking them with the best
technique we possibly can. Our team values a positive, diverse, fun
and team oriented kitchen that is free of ego.
Hotel Kansas City is looking to hire line cooks to join our growing
banquet team. A Banquet Line Cook is responsible for preparing food
items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the
hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding service. The team
prepares completely from-scratch, restaurant-quality food in a
Super experienced, or super new? Our team is willing to train the
right individual. *Full-time and part-time positions
* Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality
* Maintain cleanliness.
* Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats,
seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food
products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the
Daily Prep List.
* Comply with food sanitation standards and ensure proper safety
and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
* Uphold all standards of kitchen hygiene.
* Putting away orders from Vendors in correct locations in the
kitchen while following Health Department guidelines.
* Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned
* Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
* Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions
* Make sure all storage areas are clean and all products/equipment
are stored appropriately.
* Manage production tasks based off Banquet Event Orders and prep
* Ensure deadlines are met for Banquet Event Orders.
* Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to Banquet
Chef or Sous Chef.
* Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
* Stock and maintain designated food stations.
* Flexibility to work all shifts as needed or required due to
* Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen.
* Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures
according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
* Notify Banquet Chef in advance of likely shortages.
* Keep the work area fresh throughout the shift.
* Breakdown buffets and plated meals, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
* Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items.
* Other tasks as assigned by the Banquet Chef, Sous Chef and
Director of Food and Beverage.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency preferred, but not
* Food and sanitation certified preferred.
* Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
* 1 year of culinary experience preferred.
* Banquet or equivalent high volume experience a plus but not
*Interaction/Skill Set: *
* Must be able to speak, read, and understand English to
communicate with colleagues and supervisors.
* Enthusiastic, experienced and passionate about food.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Read and employ math skills for following recipes.
* Manage time effectively and efficiently.
* Foster and uphold a culture of respect, learning and positivity
amongst all colleagues.
* Be an enthusiastic culinarian, eager to research, develop and
* Make continuous or repetitive arm-hand movements, such as slicing
or chopping food.
* Bend or stoop repeatedly over time, such as removing items from
stove, oven, refrigerator or freezer.
* Clean work area and equipment using broom, mop, sponge, cleaning
solution and other applicable materials.
* Move objects between 20-50lbs short distances.
* Ability to stand, walk, and continuously perform the essential
job functions for an extended period of time.
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401K with
Matching, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance
Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Meal, Discounted Parking,
* Free room nights, Discounted room nights and Friends and Family
* Unlimited growth potential with Hyatt. Ability to relocate for
advancement opportunities in the future
* Proven sales/volume which leads to increased tips/ability to
* Teaching hotel where you can learn from some of the best in the
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hotel Kansas City, Kansas City , Banquet Line Cook, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!