Linehaul Supervisor I
Company: ABF Freight
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most
trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members
across the country! ABF Freight, an ArcBest(R) company, is an
exceptional company where driven people have rewarding careers. Our
pace of expansion means we're looking for people with The Skill &
The Will to serve customers who depend on us for customized
transportation and logistics solutions. It's more than a job; it's
a career. General description of duties: The Linehaul Supervisor I
demonstrates excellent problem solving and customer service skills
to ensure linehaul operations work is performed according to
approved Company procedures, standards, and specification. This
position supervises all activities of linehaul for their domicile
including, but not limited to, developing and executing linehaul
plans, calling and assigning drivers, overseeing arriving and
departing drivers and supporting personnel engaged in hostling
activities. Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
* Plan, supervise, and utilize available drivers, loads and
* Develop, maintain, and execute appropriate linehaul plans.
* Provide direct supervision of drivers.
* Coordinate work assignments and monitor performances, including
contacting drivers for assignment.
* Ensure drivers arrive and depart as assigned.
* Update data entries and other reporting and systems to ensure
accurate load and driver statuses.
* Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary actions,
* Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and
visiting drivers and customers.
* Foster a culture of safety and ensure compliance with applicable
DOT, OSHA, and other related requirements.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department and Company
* Other duties and projects, as assigned. Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. Experience will be
considered in lieu of formal education. Experience: Zero to two
years' prior transportation or other relevant freight experience,
preferred. Prior supervisory experience, preferred. Computer
Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn new
systems quickly. Other Requirements: Knowledge of transit time
requirements, labor contracts, DOT requirements, and safety
requirements. Ability to interact with, supervise, and discipline
drivers. In-office attendance at assigned domicile. Benefits:
* Competitive Wages
* Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
* Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
* Vacation eligibility during the first year! Questions about this
position? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you require accommodation
in the application process, please contact email@example.com or call us
at (479) 785-8717. An Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Vet/Disability. 6 months
Keywords: ABF Freight, Kansas City , Linehaul Supervisor I, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!