Injury Coordinator - Remote
Company: Rising Medical Solutions
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The Injury Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and
managing a range of health care related services such as,
communicating with patients, providers, adjusters, etc. to
determine appropriate treatment, and to secure a timely return to
work status for the injured workers.------ Core Responsibilities
- Manage and/or assign files to appropriate staff member and
initiate appropriate verbal and/or written contacts with employers,
clients, claimants, and medical providers.
- Set up files in all appropriate systems; assign files, when
applicable, to the nurse.
- Maintain responsibility of an individual caseload
- Facilitate and schedule appointments as needed and keep the
Telephonic Nurse Case Manager (TCM), clients, claimants, providers,
and employers informed verbally and/or in writing of any changes,
delays, updates, or problems.
- Maintain appropriate electronic and paper files.
- Obtain authorization for medical release of information from
the adjuster, as necessary, for records acquisition.
- Provide care direction as necessary.
- Interface with a variety of inter-disciplinary providers (e.g.,
PT, diagnostic, psychology, etc.).
- Identify, maintain, and update participating providers.
- Utilize Triage scoring tool for evaluating case risk and input
all activities (including verbal and written discussions) into the
Ultimate database and customer/client system.
- Answer incoming calls and direct the call appropriately.
- Process all documents using computer, copier, and scanner.
- Search and copy the appropriate internal criteria guidelines,
- Screen all re-open files (subsequent URs) to determine
duplicate requests, vs. an appeal request that is beyond the
allotted time-frame, vs. a reconsideration, vs. a new UR.
- Work as part of a team to meet turn-around time for the set
- Keep supervisor advised of any problems or delays.
- Continually improve job skills and knowledge of all company
products and services as well as customer issues and needs, through
ongoing training and self-directed research.
- Provide customer service in English and Spanish
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and reporting
requirements. ------ Reports to:
- Injury Coordinator Team Lead
- Technical Manager ------ Requirements/Education:
- Experience in any of the following disciplines a plus - CNA,
Medical Office Manager, Medical Assistant, Physical Therapy Aide,
Workers' Compensation/Medical Unit Claims Administrator, IME
- Experience with workers' compensation or disability (a
- Intermediate computer and internet skills (will work with
programs including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Basic knowledge of/ability to read medical reports
- The ability to research evidence-based guidelines
- An understanding of workflow guidelines and follow as
- Proficient verbal/telephone and written communication
- A high level of efficiency, ability to maintain rapid
- An aptitude for learning, organization skills and the ability
to follow systems and procedures
- A time-management mindset, along with planning, and
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a
- The ability to express empathy with injured and/or disabled
- A customer service mindset------ Working Conditions:
- Remaining in a seated position
- Entering text or data into a computer
- Visual Acuity
- Repetitive arm, hand, finger motion
- Working remotely some or all the time ------ Risings Benefits:
- Health insurance (4 different plans to choose from)
- Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Basic Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance (paid
by the company)
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Rise Well Wellness Program
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program (PDRP)
- You will be part of our new Elevate program designed to
recognize and reward employees for their hard work ------ About Us:
Headquartered in Chicago, RISING Medical Solutions is a privately
held, financial solutions organization offering medical cost
containment and care management services. With offices, providers,
and case managers nationwide, RISING provides comprehensive medical
claims solutions to our valued clients: insurance carriers, Fortune
1000 employers, third party administrators, and government
organizations. At RISING, we're committed to:
- Continuous technological improvement
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Seven core values that emphasize teamwork, ethical behavior,
customer service, continual improvement, positive attitude,
focusing on what's important, and keeping a sense of humor
- Responding quickly to client needs
- Being the best, not the biggest
Keywords: Rising Medical Solutions, Kansas City , Injury Coordinator - Remote, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!