Associate Project Controls Specialist, Cost Analysis - Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At GFiber, we believe in the power of great internet that lets
people do more, helps communities get stronger and makes amazing
things possible. We're not just growing to build better internet
experiences, we're also building a welcoming place where people who
want to make a difference can grow their careers.GFiber is an
Alphabet company that brings Google Fiber and Google Fiber Webpass
internet services to homes and businesses across the United States.
Our growing, inclusive team is expanding as we connect more cities
and people.Role DescriptionAs a Project Controls Specialist, you
play a critical role in partnering with the Project Controls
Managers and Field Operations Organization team in helping to
ensure our ambitious construction projects are delivered on time
and on budget in a highly controlled and systematic way. You will
also be a supporting cast to identifying and driving improvements
in operating practices and processes across the company, as well as
being relied upon to process data and analyze said data to produce
reports informing of the best build type approach.
In this role, you'll:
- Support cross-functional markets with detailed project
scheduling and Cost analysis; and project manages through
analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Support the implementation of schedules; identify process
inefficiencies, risks and their solutions.
- Support monthly financial projections by analyzing build
consumption and productivity data and coordinate and compile input
from team members and reports.
- Support Project Controls Manager to ensure satisfaction of
project milestones and requirements while monitoring project
execution to achieve maximum effectivenessAt a minimum we'd like
you to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in project controls, construction
engineering, or a similar field.
- Experience extracting and entering data using spreadsheet
software for data quality, reconciliation, and process
improvements.It's preferred if you have:
- Experience in project management, finance and accounting
processes and terminology.
- Experience with Scheduling and timelines to identify start to
finish dates, floats, activity tracking, resource assignment and
overall project scheduling
- Knowledge of Actual Cost of work performed
- Controls: Knowledge of earned value of expended cost on a
project, knowledge of project delivery, project close out, project
- Exposure to ISP networks and technical deployment.
- Experience working with cross-functional team
- Experience with Primavera (P6) scheduling or other scheduling
tool#LI-CF1GFiber is committed to equal opportunity employment
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship,
marital status, disability or Veteran status. Disclosure is
voluntary, and this information will be kept confidential in
information please refer to our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
and the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" (PDF).To
learn more about US requirements around COVID vaccination
requirements for GFiber workspaces, read our Vaccination Entry
Keywords: GFiber, Kansas City , Associate Project Controls Specialist, Cost Analysis - Kansas City, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!