MLS Coordinator - Full Time Night
Company: Saint Luke's Health System
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The MLS Coordinator is a leadership role that reports to the
Laboratory Manager and acts as a link between the clinical staff
and management. This position supports the Laboratory Manager and
is often called upon to be a subject matter expert for clinical
laboratory analysis. Works directly with the laboratory staff as a
resource for questions, troubleshooting, and guidance.
- Maintains knowledge and competencies in all areas of the
laboratory in order to fill in, as needed, for laboratory
- Manages laboratory scheduling which includes organizing time
off requests, emergency call-ins,and holiday rotations.
- Participates in new employee interviewing and leads new hire
on-boarding and training.
- Assists all lab staff as a resource and participates in
employee engagement initiatives.
- Meets proficiency testing requirements by assigning sample
testing, ensuring completion, and submitting results to
- Responds to product/instrument recall alerts.
- Participates in procedure review and writes procedures as
- Generates weekly instrument quality control reports and reviews
data for appropriate documentation, shifts, trends, and the need
for temporary QC ranges.
- Performs monthly review of quality control and maintenance
- Investigates patient result errors and credits accounts as
- Assists with blood bank billing.
- Participates in hospital/system committees at the direction of
the Laboratory Manager.
- May serve as LIS super-user.
- Participates in or may lead temporary projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager to meet the
on-going needs of the laboratory department.
Medical Laboratory Scientist - American Society for Clinical
Night (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint
Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our
employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit,
locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's
means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for
excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within
a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a
condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System
employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Keywords: Saint Luke's Health System, Kansas City , MLS Coordinator - Full Time Night, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!