Project Team Specialist-Kansas City
Company: Best Buy
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Project Team Specialist is responsible for the
implementation of all merchandising and functionality tasks
associated with large-scale renovations, vendor supported
activities, decommissions, store disaster recovery, special
projects, and other company initiatives as assigned. This involves
working both dayside and overnight shifts as part of the Deployment
Project Team center of excellence. Projects includes building
fixtures and displays, complex built-in appliance installation,
setting planograms and graphics, and ensuring our stores are ready
for business each day. They complete these tasks across retail,
specialty stores, Pacific Home & Kitchen, Magnolia, territory and
market offices, and supply chain locations. They also provide
support and assistance to the Deployment Functionality Technician
on the deployment of low-voltage IT scope during these projects.
The Project Team Specialist position involves travel away from home
and overnight shifts up to 75% of the year.
At Best Buy, we create work environments where every employee feels
like they truly belong and contribute to our shared purpose. We are
one of the best companies for our customers and employees because
we fully embrace people from all backgrounds and identities. Our
customer base is diverse, and we are committed to ensuring that our
workforce is reflective of the communities we serve.
We are obsessed with building long term relationships with our
customers. Every team member should feel empowered to deliver a
world-class and unique experience based on what each customer
- Drives a positive customer experience by building relationships
and providing solutions to their needs.
- Completes merchandising tasks including complex interactive
display setup, low-voltage and AV distribution support, extensive
category planograms setup, implementation of new and reflowed
fixture configurations, signage execution, installation of product
security devices, and other tasks as assigned.
- Achieves certification and installs complex premium appliances
within kitchen vignettes in Best Buy and Pacific Sales
- Completes all assigned project merchandising and store display
functionality support to acceptable standards within given
timelines, including follow-up of known issues.
- Assists Project Deployment Supervisor with the training of new
project team members through job shadowing and sharing of best
- Implement new interactive displays and technologies during
renovations, vendor supported activities, and special
- Assists the Deployment Functionality Technician with the
installation and troubleshooting work.
- Perform basic and advanced functionality support on store
interactive displays during large scale resets and remodels.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and proficiency of complex
vendor-provided displays.Basic Qualifications
- Ability to safely use small hand tools, light duty power tools,
and other in-house equipment
- Ability to work extended overnight and weekend shifts
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the year
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of agePreferred Qualifications
- Current, valid driver's license
- Have and maintain a driving record which meets Best Buy safety
standards (e.g. minimal number of violations/accidents, etc.)
- 3 months of demonstrated merchandising, technical and/or
functionality support skills.
Keywords: Best Buy, Kansas City , Project Team Specialist-Kansas City, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!