Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Intern, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for providing
support to the management team within the Distribution Center (DC)
by rotating through all DC Operation functions. Assists in projects
related to initiatives specific to the DC they are supporting,
while ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met. Assists in
the development and implementation of DC programs.
- Rotates through all functions of the DC Operation such as
Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, HR,
Mission Control and Store Unload.
- May lead smaller projects under the direction of DC management.
Provides updates, escalates issues, and makes improvement
recommendations to management.
- Responsible for keeping track of project(s) progression and
ensuring those deadlines are communicated to the project team.
- Participates in the overall Lean Six Sigma Process through events
such as Kaizen and 5S events through providing administrative
support during Kaizen events by updating reports and bulletin
boards, following up on SPIN process and report out
- Responsible for performing General Warehouse functions in the
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA
Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global
leader in retail pharmacy. As America's most loved pharmacy, health
and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and
wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000
retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin
Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination
serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens
pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by
providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best
meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true
omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical
and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver
high-quality products and services in local communities
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in logistics,
operations management, supply chain management, industrial
engineering or business management/administration with 1 to 2
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Willing and able to carry up to 30 pounds with or without
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or
no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and
determining when escalation of issues is necessary in a
professional or classroom environment.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with
individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business
community, with vendors, and/or classroom environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or
adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using
SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting
charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers
and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a
picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding
transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or
- Willing to relocate for opportunities within the US.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in logistics, operations management, supply
chain management, industrial engineering or business
management/administration AND/OR currently enrolled in a Master's
degree program in logistics, operations management, supply chain
management, industrial engineering or business
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Experience with project management.
Keywords: Walgreens, Kansas City , Intern DC, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!