Research Scientist - PK ( Remote )
Company: Charles River Laboratories
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job SummaryWe are hiring for a remote PK Research Scientist 2,
Pharmacokinetics to support our Mattawan, MI site.A PK Research
Scientist 2 is responsible for providing support of studies aimed
at determining the toxicokinetics (TK), toxicodynamics (TD),
pharmacokinetics (PK), and pharmacodynamics (PD) of biologically
active compounds or new candidate drugs in body fluids and tissues
of laboratory animals and/or humans. Developing and executing
protocols/plans in accordance with company Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs) and industry regulatory guidelines (GxP).
- Develops training materials and provides training for the
kinetic analysts and supporting functional areas staff on the
compliant use of kinetic software applications.
- Plans, designs, analyzes, interprets and reports toxicokinetic
(TK)/toxicodynamic (TD) and pharmacokinetic (PK)/pharmacodynamic
(PD) data for GxP and non-GLP studies.
- Prepares TK/TD/PK/PD components of study reports.
- Provides accurate and timely project status/updates to
management and external customers.
- Reads, understands and follows SOPs, safety requirements,
regulatory guidelines and company policies.
- Interprets and presents project-related study results to the
Sponsor/management as appropriate.
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and animal welfare.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform additional work as
assigned by management and as a part of the individual's
- Develops, modifies and/or optimizes existing/new TK/TD/PK/PD
methods, techniques or procedures.
- Assists with training and developing employees.
- Expected to work independently, participate in process
improvement initiatives and may function as a Principal
Investigator or Individual Scientist.
- Other duties as assigned.Job Qualifications
- Ph.D. or Master's/Bachelor's degree in a related field and 7+
years of relevant experience; contract research organization
- An equivalent of education and experience may be accepted as
- Expert knowledge of GxPs and applicable industry guidance
- Working knowledge of TK/TD/PK/PD theory.
- Experience with PK related software including but not limited
to: WinNonlin* and SigmaPlot*
- Basic familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions
including ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to
include but not limited to: evenings, weekends, extended or extra
shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.Employment
Type: Full TimeYears Experience: 5 - 10 yearsBonus/Commission:
Keywords: Charles River Laboratories, Kansas City , Research Scientist - PK ( Remote ), Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!