Company: Allied National, LLC
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: June 24, 2022
CANDIDATES MUST LIVE IN THE KANSAS CITY METRO AREA TO BE
CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. Work from home options (2 days a
week) will be available after completion of training. The
Communications Specialist must be a strong writer and is
responsible for the writing and creation of promotional campaigns
for print, email, product brochures, direct mail pieces, blogs, and
monthly newsletters. In addition, the Specialist will participate
in website development and maintenance; social media posting; video
script writing, shooting and editing; the planning and execution of
agent webinars; event planning for sales presentations and
conferences; advertising; and administrative duties. ESSENTIAL
- Compose copy and information about Allied administered/marketed
products to be sent to agents, distributors, employers, and
employees (i.e., new products releases, general production
- Write, design and send email campaigns.
- Plan, implement and monitor the company's social media and
marketing strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve
marketing efforts and increase sales.
- Design, layout, and maintenance of Allied website and internal
- Event planning and marketing.
- Assist with project management, long-term planning, and
strategy development .
- Undertake special projects outside the normal promotional
- Update internal files and forms and send distributions.
- Write, shoot and edit videos.
- Design printed pieces as necessary.
- Order print jobs and promotional items.
- Conduct search engine optimization.
- Internal quality control checks. Marginal Functions
- Read trade publications, FYI mailings, and industry information
to keep abreast of trends and advertising ideas/concepts.
- Learn and become proficient in the various types of computer
technology and software used in the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, New
Media, Public Relations or related field and/or equivalent
- An internship of related experience in social media,
promotions, advertising or marketing for businesses.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Some social networking experience.
- Excellent consulting, presentation and communication
- Work as a team with all members of communications and other
departments as needed. Ability to:
- Compose promotional copy. Excellent proofreading skills.
- Manage social media activities.
- Speak, read, comprehend, and follow written and verbal English
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Prioritize projects and withstand the stress of changing
priorities and deadlines.
- Type 40 wpm.
- Travel to appointments outside of the company. Must have a
valid driver's license, personal transportation, and personal auto
- Meet company attendance requirements.
- Sit or stand for 7.5 hours per day. Additional Desired Skills
- PC experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe
- Experience with print vendors; familiarity with bid process and
- Design printed pieces as requested
- Familiarity with Canva, Vyond, Constant Contact, Weebly, Vimeo,
Moavi, Bunny Studio FACTORS IMPORTANT TO SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF
POSITION: Problem-solving Communication skills Teamwork Analytical
ability Interpersonal skills Must be able to communicate with other
staff members and vendors to meet department goals. The ability to
analyze a problem (i.e. bulk mailing requirements, effects of past
advertising) and make appropriate decisions directly affecting the
cost-effectiveness of the department/company.
Keywords: Allied National, LLC, Kansas City , Communications Specialist, Other , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!