Assistant Structural Designer - Food & Consumer Products (Multiple Locations)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 17, 2022
An Assistant Structural Designer will assist in various phases
of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, report
preparation, specifications, and preparation of proposal and
construction documentation and structural plans as part of a
project team. This position will work on various projects with a
diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
* Assist in preparing detailed construction drawings for steel and
reinforced concrete structures using structural specifications,
engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings, and design
information according to project standards and procedures.
* Assist with a full range of drawing production work including
problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine
assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
* Assist with design on a variety of projects pertaining to
industrial, manufacturing, and other clients ranging from facility
modifications to new facilities.
* Assist engineers and designers to perform 2D drafting and 3D
modeling tasks. Design will be prepared using engineering standards
* Assist with a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and
standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation,
sizing various components and refining rough sketches.
* Assist with initial rough designs or sketches and redlines or
mark-ups on ongoing projects.
* Assist with preparing structural calculations. Assist with
interpreting and applying design codes and specifications related
to design requirements.
* Design and draft structural elements and details.
* Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and
* Assist with schedules, budgets and project criteria into
structural design and layouts.
* Assist with organizing and maintain all revisions of project
drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical
and well-structured manner.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and two
years related experience or associate degree and three years
related experience or four years progressive detailing and design
* Basic understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Civil
3D, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
Revit or Tekla Structures is preferred.
* Basic knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
* Basic knowledge in the theory and practices of structural
discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other
disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable
of operating related discipline design software necessary to
execute production tasks.
* Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers,
Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team
environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and
to accomplish objectives.
* Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City , Assistant Structural Designer - Food & Consumer Products (Multiple Locations), Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!