Company: ABF Freight
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most
trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new team members
across the country!
ABF Freight, an ArcBest company, is an exceptional company where
driven people have rewarding careers. Our pace of expansion means
we're looking for people with The Skill & The Will to serve
customers who depend on us for customized transportation and
It's more than a job; it's a career.
General Description of Duties:
Ensure all terminal operations work is performed according to
approved company procedures, standards, and specification.
Supervise all activities of terminal workers, and support personnel
engaged in loading and unloading activities.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise, and control available resources associated
with the timely, damage-free, and safe loading/unloading of freight
on assigned shifts
- Maintain appropriate load plans, and ensure proper load balance
for safe vehicle operation
- Assign job tasks to workers according to unloading and loading
- Coordinate work assignments, and monitor performances
- Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary
recommendations, as needed
- Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and
- Foster safe handling, loading, unloading, and storage of
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferred
- High School Diploma, GED equivalent, required
- Terminal, transportation, and/or other related experience,
- Supervisory experience, preferred
- General knowledge of freight, imports, exports, and proper
freight handling techniques
- Basic PC skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to perform physical labor (bending, heavy lifting,
- Must be detail oriented and enjoy a fast paced, multi-tasking,
customer service minded environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications and
- Must display sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure,
with attention to detail
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits
- Opportunity to participate in a company sponsored 401K
- Vacation eligibility during the first year!
Questions about this position? Email us at email@example.com!
If you require accommodation in the application process, please
contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (479) 785-8717. An Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability.
Keywords: ABF Freight, Kansas City , Operations Supervisor, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!