Sr. IP Docketing Specialist - Can be remote
Company: Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Senior IP Docketing Specialist works with the Intellectual
Property team based in the Chicago office. This position is an
integral part of a collaborative and dynamic team responsible for
timely entry, audit, and ongoing review of IP data, with the
primary goal of maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the
docketing system. This position will report to the IP Docketing
Manager and work with other talented IP Docketing team members, all
of whom share a passion for client service and providing highly
varied and complex support to our attorneys and paralegals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. - - - - - -Assist the IP Docketing Manager with daily docketing,
proofing other team member's docketing entries, and filing of IP
communications (electronic and paper);
2. - - - - - -Assist the IP Docketing Manager with daily docket
notifications of hard deadlines;
3. - - - - - -Sort emails delivered to the IP Docketing Department
for priority processing;
4. - - - - - -Assist with special IP docketing projects as
5. - - - - - -Create queries from the docketing system and prepare
standardized and custom reports in PDF, Word or Excel formats,
based on criteria provided by attorneys/paralegals or as requested
6. - - - - - -Assist the IP Docketing Manager with the
intake/transfer of files from clients or prior counsel (including
file organization, review, labeling, preparation of lists, reports,
7. - - - - - -Clean up/update client contact information in IP
docketing system and maintain updated client information in the
system on an ongoing basis;
8. - - - - - -Annual review and audit of physical files for sending
to off-site storage, assembling the files, boxing and labeling
same, entering information into the firm's box storage database and
updating the IP docketing system accordingly.
9. - - - - - -Assist the IP Docketing Manager with the review of
data to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the docket
10. - -Consistent and predictable attendance.
11. - -Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. - - - - - -Minimum 10 years working in a law firm or corporation
handling IP docketing duties (particularly, trademarks and design
2. - - - - - -Strong understanding of trademark law and practice in
the United States and internationally.
3. - - - - - -At least a basic understanding of design patent law
and practice in the United States and internationally.
4. - - - - - -High School Diploma or equivalent.
5. - - - - - -BA/BS in related field preferred.
6. - - - - - -Working knowledge of CPi or similar docketing system
and MS Office including Outlook, Word and Excel.
7. - - - - - -Outstanding verbal and written communication
8. - - - - - -Ability to prioritize and manage time within strict
9. - - - - - -Ability to organize work directed by multiple people
and communicate conflicts to IP Docketing Manager.
10. - -Extremely detail oriented.
11. - -Highly proficient in time management, organization, planning
12. - -Intellectual curiosity; actively seeks to master new tasks
and take on new responsibilities.
13. - -Enthusiasm, a positive attitude, team orientation,
self-motivation, and sense of humor is a must.
Keywords: Barack Ferrazzano Kirschbaum & Nagelberg LLP, Kansas City , Sr. IP Docketing Specialist - Can be remote, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!