Company: DST Systems
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial
services and software for the financial services and healthcare
industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on
revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has
20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000
financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's
largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their
investments using SS&C's products and services.
Role OverviewSS&C Brokerage Solutions team is looking for an
experienced Product Manager. Participates in product planning and
execution throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept
through end-of-life planning for an agile scrum development team.
Conducts buy vs. build analyses, creates business cases for
proposed new features, and identifies requirements for future and
current products in the context of the company's strengths and
capabilities, technologies, quality, costs, customer interactions,
and marketplace demands. Performs research and analysis and
provides input to the product vision and strategy, product solution
development plan, product roadmap, pricing models, positioning in
the marketplace, and launch process. Develops, tracks, and reports
on multiple products simultaneously, in various cycles of
development. Applies technical expertise, business acumen, product
knowledge, and industry experience to effectively manage the
product lifecycle. Has a strong understanding of the competitive
- Demonstrating initiative and problem solving skills
- Perform research and analysis to provide for product vision and
- Develop, track, and report on 8-10 projects simultaneously, in
various cycles of development.
- Learn about business domains and how they function, translating
that learning into actionable items designed to benefit the
- Using root cause analysis, define underlying problems and build
solutions to positively impact those problems.
- Generate new ideas for approaches to problem solving and
provide alternative solutions. It is important to understand how
the people, processes and technology interact in relationship and
patterns to create the best solution.
- Analyze data, processes and situations to produce detailed
project documentation and deliverables, including business
benefits, project benefits, feasibility, requirements, scope, risks
- Apply technical expertise, business acumen, product knowledge,
and industry knowledge to effectively manage the product
- Represent the market within the division and work with
development to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with
objectives without supervision.
- Effectively communicate within a variety of settings using
diverse styles that are appropriate to the target audience.
- Make decisions on key projects and communicate project
overviews and changes in scope on a regular basis.
- Document product roadmaps on a monthly basis to communicate
project benefits, accomplishments, and any changes in scope.
- At least 4 years of product management experience / development
life cycle OR
- At least 5 years in implementation consulting, client
relationship, applications analysis, marketing, software
development, and/or project management experience.
- Ability to manage inter-project dependencies across a multiple
- Excellent facilitation, verbal, written, and interpersonal
communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively at all
levels and to all functional groups. The ability to translate
technical requirements and issues into appropriate context.
- Ability to successfully multi-task in the face of ambiguity,
switching gears as priorities shift
- Strong written skills and ability to solicit requirements from
- Financial industry knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
Keywords: DST Systems, Kansas City , Product Owner, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!