Biostatistician, Remote Hybrid - Cardiometabolic Research - Full Time Day
Company: St. Luke's of Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Saint Luke's Health System is seeking a biostatistician for our
Cardiometabolic Research program. This position will work alongside
researchers, clinicians, other biostatisticians, and data
management staff to support a variety of research studies focused
on the treatment and outcomes of patients with cardiometabolic
diseases. The position will assist with the design and operation of
clinical trials, observational research studies and quality
improvement initiatives, support the development of grant
proposals, work actively with numerous data sources, perform a wide
variety of statistical analyses, co-author publications and provide
statistical consultation. This position will play a key role in
ensuring the validity of data and analyses from beginning to end of
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 8 AM-4:30 PM.
This position will have a hybrid work model with both in-person and
* Provide statistical support for research and operational
* Consult and collaborate with researchers on design, planning and
analysis of research studies.
* Perform a variety of biostatistical analyses.
* Prepare, maintain and document analysis data sets. Determine and
develop appropriate tools for managing data.
* Develop specifications for analysis files, consistency checks,
tables and figures.
* Interact directly with sponsors, investigators, etc. on study
design, data and analytic issues.
* Organize and interpret analytic results and collaborate on
preparation of abstracts, manuscripts and associated presentations
at national and international meetings.
* Keep current with relevant statistical methodologies.
* Participate in seminars, journal clubs and collaborate on
methodologic developments with other biostatistics staff.
We are seeking an experienced professional with a solid
understanding of statistical theory and practice, preferably with
experience in biostatistics, and exceptional statistical
programming skills using SAS, R, SQL, etc. Strong communication
skills and the ability to explain technical analyses to
non-technical peers is essential, in order to create results that
researchers can understand and use. This position often involves
working within tight deadlines and requires flexibility as
priorities between and within studies can fluctuate over time. The
ideal candidate will be a problem solver and active learner, adept
at understanding the research questions and contexts at hand, and
continuously seeking valid and efficient ways to analyze and
interpret data. If you are passionate about research and being part
of a team innovating patient care, working with leading technology
and improving patient outcomes, this is the right position for
Why Saint Luke's?:
* Opportunity to work on nationally recognized medical research
* Hybrid remote and in-person model
* Saint Luke's offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to
all of their employees, click here to find out more.
* We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all
voices are heard.
* We are here for you and will support you in achieving your
* We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to
Master's Degree (Required)
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint
Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our
employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit,
locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's
means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for
excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within
a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a
condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System
employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Keywords: St. Luke's of Kansas City, Kansas City , Biostatistician, Remote Hybrid - Cardiometabolic Research - Full Time Day, Other , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!