Assoc Infrastructure Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: September 15, 2021
What you'll do...
The Associate Infrastructure Engineer supports the development of
an Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering,
operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and
support services for the H&R Block information technology
The Associate Infrastructure Engineer scope of control typically
includes one or more of the following:
- Networks and data communication,
- Telecommunication systems,
- Board level repair of server or desktop systems
- Storage and data management solutions,
- Information Security
- Application management and support.
This position provides technical research as needed to supplement
the Infrastructure, Senior, Lead and Principal Engineer, provides
support in the areas of technical support escalation, operational
logistics, incident and problem resolution services resulting in
deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time
Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics.
- Participate in as appropriate the engineering and deployment
planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers.
Contribute to the proactive identification of automation
opportunities in workflow, electronic information availability, and
new systems management tools.
- Support Tier 2 escalation activity to satisfy requests for new
applications or functionality or resolve system, software or
hardware deficiencies in existing systems. These actions may
include performing technical research, collaboration and/or
documentation of a corrective plan of attack, interface with
vendors for additional analysis, or executing a system recovery in
the case of failure.
- Provide timely and consistent communication on overall systems
status and operational issues as required by support and customer
- Assure quality workmanship is performed by utilizing industry
best practices and following H&R Block corporate standards and
- Support the implementation of proactive fault detection and
capacity monitoring systems. and in configuration reviews to assure
these systems quickly and accurately detect and mitigate
incidents/problems through proper testing and maintenance. (i.e.,
CPU, Disk, Memory utilizing H&R Block corporate systems and
- As situations warrant, may be a participant in matrix teams for
- Support system performance optimization by following documented
system tuning practices.
- Support the execution of backup and recovery services.
- Provide efficient and effective project assistance to the
internal and external H&R Block user community as
- Apply approved procedures and industry best practices on
performance, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of
applicable systems or solutions to deployed systems.
- Participate in the maintenance of security, contingency and
system documentation of systems including diagrams, schema logical
and physical layouts.
- Assist team to resolve and document process and procedure
changes to improve corporate standards
- Self-management skills including organization and time
- Practical experience with process documentation
- Vocational or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or
equivalent through a combination of education and work
- Must be willing to gain HP Certification within 90 days of
- Two years experience in a position requiring IT technical
problem solving skills.
- Functional understanding of various infrastructure components
of an IT infrastructure including but not limited to server
systems, storage technology, network technology, information
- Ability to prioritize rapidly shifting priorities and
- Functional oral, written, interpersonal communication and
customer service skills.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Minimum related work experience
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Assoc Infrastructure Engineer, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!