Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: September 14, 2021
What you'll do...
H&R Block is looking for a dynamic, experienced, talented
manager of corporate responsibility efforts who can also excel at
storytelling in order to motivate, engage and empower internal and
external audiences. The Senior Manager, Corporate
Responsibility will be responsible for supporting the
overall strategy and execution of Make Every Block Better, H&R
Block's community impact platform, working with the Director of
Corporate Communications and departments across the organization.
We're in the middle of an exciting transformation journey at
H&R Block - if you have what it takes and you're up for a
challenge, we want to talk to you!
Day to Day you'll ...
Strategic Partnering & Outlook
- Work with external and internal partners to advance goals
aligned with Make Every Block Better, H&R Block's community
- Maintain the company's associate volunteering technology
platform, including associate training, onboarding and
- Work with company departments to coordinate community impact
programs, team volunteering activities and officer community
- Lead nonprofit partnerships and community impact programs,
maintaining timelines and delivering against objectives
- Manage the disbursement of the giving strategy and charitable
budget within Greater Kansas City
- Works across the organization and with senior leadership to
drive awareness of and impact of Make Every Block Better, H&R
Block's community impact platform
- Identifies trends in Corporate Responsibility and community
- Identifies and cultivates new data sources and collection tools
to support objectives
- Facilitates peer-to-peer interactions - sharing of best
practices and ideas among peers and inviting the breadth of the
organization into corporate responsibility programs
- Liaison with franchise and company field offices to support
their community involvement activities and align them with Make
Every Block Better
- Forms partnerships with key groups to ensure our Purpose comes
to life throughout the organization
Data & Measurement
- Has, or can acquire, an in-depth understanding of the company,
its strategy, operations, business objectives and industry - can
critically evaluate the costs, risks, and benefits of different
alternatives before making a decision
- Is results and outcome driven
- Develops short- and long-term measurement strategies that
enable the function to better assess the outcomes of its efforts
and more easily prioritize the highest-value work
- Collaborates with and coaches team members to better integrate
measurement into individual project plans
- Defines and delivers new reporting standards and methods, with
an emphasis on simplicity, clarity, and actionability in the
presentation of quantitative data
- Manage the process and system of gathering quantitative and
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or Management or
other major with relevant community engagement or CSR
- 5 or more years of community engagement or CSR experience.
- Superior storytelling and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and
persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Exceptional collaboration skills with the ability to partner
effectively within different departments and skillsets
- Demonstrated ability to present complex business ideas,
strategies and results succinctly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to use data analytics to measure impact,
and adjust strategy and tactics if needed
- Able to select writing style based on the desired stakeholder
reaction and modify it to be channel appropriate. Crafts strategic,
high-level company positioning in the market, linked to desired
- Can anticipate stakeholder reactions to messages and can
discern when a gap between communication and behavior is causing or
preventing a desired outcome
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Senior Manager, Corporate Responsibility, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!