Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: September 14, 2021
What you'll do...
In the IT Regulatory space at Block, we build and maintain tax
preparation products for our clients and for our tax professionals
that create confidence and ensure accurate tax returns are easy to
file. These products are the backbone of H&R Block and are
undergoing a transformation and modernization. You can be a part of
these exciting efforts on products that are used by millions of
At H&R Block, we are modernizing our software architecture
which is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving, difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation,
improvement, development, testing, implementation, delivery, and
learning. The goal? Faster innovation.
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting,
exploration and bold thinking. If this type of innovation and
learning is enticing to you and if you embrace and implement Agile
& DevOps practices, we are looking for you.
Responsible for developing, planning, and managing implementation
of activities for extremely complex programs with broad scope, high
impact and long implementation time frames. Lead both the
conversion as well as the business change required, while ensuring
that day-to-day operations keep functioning flawlessly during the
transition. Consult with program sponsors, participants,
stakeholders and customers to review program proposals including
goals, time frames, and funding limitations. Ensure that program
goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
Develop and manage multiple program budgets. Responsible for
managing the program teams and ensuring corporate sponsorship from
cross-business unit leadership specific to the Financial Services
program and suite of products and applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Coordinate all activities with, and report regularly to senior
- Define the strategy and desired outcomes of assigned program(s)
that are aligned to the strategic objectives of the business.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to obtain and commit
necessary associate resources at the appropriate time, level, and
expertise to support the programs.
- Deliver programs on time and on budget with superior
- Monitor and mitigate project, program, and operational
- Provide oversight to ensure completion of program deliverables.
Ensure entire programs are delivered on time and on budget with
- Provide oversight to teams of individuals from cross functional
teams, as well as vendors to accomplish program outcomes.
- Lead teams through Agile best practices with a lens on DevOps
operating models to drive efficient technology delivery in a fast
- Manage the program budget, putting in place financial
disciplines and ensuring their execution to meet or beat
- Responsible for the delivery of project components.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
Tax knowledge or accounting
What you'll bring to the team...
- 8 years of business and/or consulting experience.
- 5 years of project management experience.
- Program management experience leading large, mission-critical
programs that involve significant business and/or regulatory
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience leading large teams in a matrix management
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and
- Experience developing and managing program budgets.
- Strong knowledge of business case development including
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and
persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Superior supervisory and matrix management skills and ability
to oversee tasks delegated to others.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Business
Management or related field or an equivalent through a combination
of education and related work experience.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , IT Manager, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!