Sr. Software Engineer-Java
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: September 14, 2021
What you'll do...
Build the possibilities.
We're growing our technology team and are searching for a Senior
Software Engineer to help us modernize our software architecture.
When you join us, you'll use your technical expertise to design,
develop, and maintain software components and products that support
H&R Block business applications and transform our technology.
You'll serve as the lead role for day-to-day functional tasks in
the team, developer support, and maintaining the development
environment. Ready to innovate and solve problems in new ways? Join
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer...
- Provides technical expertise to design and develop software
components and products that support H&R Block business
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to
develop new product features and maintain year-over-year product
functionality and enhancements.
- Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects. Works
closely with the QA, UX and other related teams to ensure
consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- In addition, assists in planning and implementation of a
strategic direction for the product.
- Designs, develops and maintains complex software
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of
the system. Provides direction in architectural changes in the
- Proposes product design features to support scalability,
usability and better performance.
- Leads technical design and code reviews for all new
enhancements and maintenance work delivered by the development
- Understands complex business and functional requirements and
provides direction in technical specifications and product
- Establishes best practices in coding and development within the
team. Ensures consistency of the use of best practices within the
- Designs and develops reusable code components.
- Creates, maintains and executes complex unit test and alpha
- Maintains and improves current knowledge on the latest
technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language,
design methodology, third party development tools, application
platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
- Mentors and coaches other team members on the latest
technological advances within the current technology used.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
It would be even better if you also
Microsoft Azure, .NET Core, experience with Agile methodologies and
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
Java, Soap and REST Web Services, Spring Framework, RabbitMQ,
Apache Camel, XML/XSD, SQL
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr. Software Engineer-Java, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!