Sr Coms Manager, Media Relations
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: September 13, 2021
What you'll do...
H&R Block is looking for a dynamic, experienced, talented
storyteller to develop and implement external communications
strategies to raise awareness and improve perceptions of the
company. The Senior Communications Manager will be
responsible for supporting the overall strategy and execution of
H&R Block's external communications, including providing expert
communications counsel, media relations, writing, media training,
measurement, and issues management. We're in the middle of an
exciting transformation journey at H&R Block - if you have what
it takes and you're up for a challenge, we want to talk to you!
Day to Day you'll ...
- Develop strategies and execute tactics to raise awareness and
improve perceptions of H&R Block among external audiences.
- Effectively communicate complex issues in a manner external
stakeholders can easily understand. Quickly write and edit
communication materials such as news releases, pitches, key
messages, social media posts, communication plans, etc., using AP
Style, to support external communications strategies. Materials
must often be developed under tight deadlines and with limited
- Develop strong working relationships with key media contacts,
influencers, and other important stakeholders. Respond to inquiries
with urgency and in a timely manner.
- Provide media training and coaching to internal interview
candidates, as needed.
- Quickly respond to and resolve potential media issues and
- Effectively manage relationships, workflow and budgets of PR
agencies and contractors.
- Oversee the tracking and analysis of media campaign
- Collaborate with other teams including marketing partners,
social media teams, and internal communications colleagues, to
ensure consistent messaging across platforms.
- Proactively identify tools, channels and platforms that can be
used more effectively.
- Act as a company ambassador at all times, reflecting the
positive, connected culture at H&R Block in all communications,
discussions and during all events.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to company leaders and
executives, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English,
Marketing, Business, or another related field.
- Ten + years of demonstrated success in communications, public
relations, marketing communications.
- Must be able to hold strategic discussions as well as
effectively and confidently communicate, counsel and work with
senior leaders of H&R Block.
- Must be a self-motivated, self-directed and highly organized
individual who will promote a productive, collaborative workplace
and be a positive ambassador for H&R Block.
- Must be a team-player and possess a positive, can-do
- Display qualified communications experience.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr Coms Manager, Media Relations, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!