Manager Security Engineering
Company: H&R Block
Location: KANSAS CITY
Posted on: September 13, 2021
What you'll do...
JOB SUMMARY -
The Manager of Security Engineering is responsible for coaching and
mentoring a squad of engineers responsible for critical service
delivery to customers both internal and external to the Information
Security organization. The engineering function is designed around
the SRE model, and drives a metrics-based approach to service
delivery. Drives a security focused culture and leads the
optimization and integration of information security capabilities
across the business. Responsible for gathering requirements from
customers, investigating and choosing technologies, implementing
and supporting security service delivery, and monitoring
performance of security service delivery. Monitors and reports on
the organization's information security performance against
established programs to senior leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Manages security engineering including organization and
- Conducts employment interviews, makes hiring decisions, and
participates in corrective action and termination discussions and
- Sets daily priorities and assigns tasks and projects to team
members as required.
- Monitors and provides periodic status updates and risk
assessments on each project.
- Monitors performance and develops team members to ensure
consistent, effective, and efficient processes and results.
- Prepares and delivers associate quarterly and annual
performance reviews, including performance metrics for each
- May be engaged in developing and managing a budget for assigned
- Ensures effective planning, communications, handoff and
collaboration with other squads across the IT organization.
- Evaluates and monitors effectiveness and efficiency of security
solutions and services, the organization's defense posture,
associated risks, and mitigation recommendations.
- Advises leadership on security gaps, operational issues and
industry trends which require prioritization, funding, or
- Drives adoption of security policies, procedures, standards,
- Establishes and leverages relationships to ensure security
initiatives are properly assessed, documented, and
- Analyzes new requirements, standards, and capabilities to
determine feasibility and timing of implementation in segment-level
- May serve as subject matter expert on complex, high risk
security efforts, designing and developing security testing
- Will manage complex, high risk, high impact security
- Estimates project hours and resources required.
- Manage project work plan and resources.
- Develops status reports and update senior management with
progress as necessary.
- Create and manage RFI/RFP as needed for product selection,
proof of concept testing, implementation and runstate.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience
- Experience managing a team (geographically dispersed is
- Minimum of 3 years' supervisory and/or training experience
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in information security or
- We are looking for the right person with a passion for
innovation and an unquenchable thirst to solve hard challenges with
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Manager Security Engineering, Other , KANSAS CITY, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!